1. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Hrs and Cycles NXI Question

So I'll apologize for a dumb question in advance. I am new to the 100 and have been flying an Eclipse for the past 5 yrs. The eclipse kept track of everything in regards to the hrs, cycles etc. I just installed NXI and is there anywhere to see the hrs and cycles on the plane. I'm using a paper log but for as expensive and advanced as the Garmin NXI is you would think there is a page to see this stuff. So i'm guessing I'm just missing it so any help would be great. I use the Aux page but it still doesn't have all the info I'm looking for....Also Flight Data Logger has a File Error so is that normal? The 2nd picture is from my eclipse and what I was looking for something comparable in NXI.
    (Username Protected)

Name:  IMG_3358.jpeg
Views: 1608
Size:  3.37 MBGarmin NXIName:  IMG_2554.jpeg
Views: 1600
Size:  243.8 KB

Eclipse
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I just installed NXI and is there anywhere to see the hrs and cycles on the plane.
    Hours meter (Hobbs) on the AUX page is what we have. I have not found a cycles meter. I keep track of my hours and cycles in an Excel sheet.

Also Flight Data Logger has a File Error so is that normal?
    No. The status should say logging data. Do you have an SD card in the top slot of the MFD?
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I do not have an SD card in the top slot of the MFD but I'm guessing now that is something I should do? Is there a way to pull off that data and look at it? Is it necessary?
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I do not have an SD card in the top slot of the MFD but I'm guessing now that is something I should do? Is there a way to pull off that data and look at it? Is it necessary?
    At your discretion the flight data can be loaded into flysto.net to look at it. Not necessary but well worth a try.

Also, the top slot SD can be used to load your CMC_CAS and ENGINE data logs onto for your monthly upload.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 27 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    So I'll apologize for a dumb question in advance. I am new to the 100 and have been flying an Eclipse for the past 5 yrs. The eclipse kept track of everything in regards to the hrs, cycles etc. I just installed NXI and is there anywhere to see the hrs and cycles on the plane. I'm using a paper log but for as expensive and advanced as the Garmin NXI is you would think there is a page to see this stuff. So i'm guessing I'm just missing it so any help would be great. I use the Aux page but it still doesn't have all the info I'm looking for....Also Flight Data Logger has a File Error so is that normal? The 2nd picture is from my eclipse and what I was looking for something comparable in NXI.
    (Username Protected)

Name:  IMG_3358.jpeg
Views: 1608
Size:  3.37 MBGarmin NXIName:  IMG_2554.jpeg
Views: 1600
Size:  243.8 KB

Eclipse
    Yeah, the Eclipse has a nice page with all the data on one page.
    You just take a screen shot of it and have a permanent record.
    Not so, the P100. The NXI is no different than the regular G1000.
    All you get is the hour meter as you see.
    It should not be difficult for Garmin to come up with something like the Eclipse, but then again, someone has to complain and keep doing it for them to change it…..if it fits in with their priorities.
    Actually, they should also be able to calculate V1, Vr etc based on weight, temp and pressure alt./airport of take off. THAT would be real nice.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Additionally, your hour meter may not be correct depending how older your jet is and when the original G1000 was upgraded. I've seen more than one that had their hour meters reset to zero with several hundred hours on the clock previously before a big software update.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Our Phenom 100 was upgraded to NXI after having 175.4 hours. As such, ever since we have had to add those hours to the NXI hobbs time to get total time. Is there any way to correct the NXI hobbs time to include the hours from the original G1000 system?
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Our Phenom 100 was upgraded to NXI after having 175.4 hours. As such, ever since we have had to add those hours to the NXI hobbs time to get total time. Is there any way to correct the NXI hobbs time to include the hours from the original G1000 system?
    That's strange. I just did the NXI upgrade and my hours transferred over. Granted they were were off a few hundred from an old update to the original G1000. My shop says it's not something that can be changed by them. Maybe Garmin has a better answer.
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The hours transfer over from G1000 -> Nxi, however the early model G1000s (pre-some-version... probably 2013 or 14 vintage) didn't track hours at all, so for folks that got an early model and upgraded G1000 software, their hours only count from that upgrade.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Gents,

Regarding the 300: I am very new to the airplane, but it appears that the system does NOT track cycles.....am I missing something?
  11. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Gents,

Regarding the 300: I am very new to the airplane, but it appears that the system does NOT track cycles.....am I missing something?
    That's correct..
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Some of the earlier P100 models have had a hobbs meter installed under co-pilots right elbow area. Unless this is installed, you track hours/cycles from this AUX-Utility page and many I've flown are not a representation of actual hours on that jet....as mentioned, when Garmin upgrades happened it wiped everything. Amazing to me that these airplanes know when you fart due to pressure change in cabin but can't somehow tell me simply how many hours are on the airplane.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I use flightaware to track hours. The moment power is turned on in the plane, flight aware automatically tracks Taxi Out, Time Off, Time On, Taxi In. Add a minute or two for engine start if you'd like, and you have a perfect log of all flights.
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected)....
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I use the Hobbs to get my flight hours and flight aware to get my cycles. Flight hours do not start until WOW.
  16. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Actually, they should also be able to calculate V1, Vr etc based on weight, temp and pressure alt./airport of take off. THAT would be real nice.
    The G3000 does this, and I doubt they'll backport it to the G1000. Wouldn't help sell new airframes, which is all Embraer cares about.