1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Hydraulic servicing, oil consumption

Hi,

I'm owner of a new Phenom 100EV, I brought it from the factory to Prague (OK-NEO) 2 weeks ago. As a fresh owner, I'm very careful and follow every detail. I have now serviced the hydraulics after 15 days (30hrs flight so far) and was surprised to find it almost at minimum level (factory servicing was done before the flight from USA). The area around the powerpack is free of any leaks, but I originally thought that the regular hydraulics check was just a "formality". I assume the temperature has no effect (Florida was +77F, Prague +32F). Is that ok in your opinion? I followed procedure "Phenom 100 - Hydraulic Reservoir Servicing for airplanes equipped with spoiler panels".

Name:  Obrázek WhatsApp, 2023-12-18 v 13.58.54_275f1a1c.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  86.1 KB

The second question is about the oil consumption in the engines. In 30h of operation (about 40 cycles). I put about half a quart in both engines (a little more in one engine). I'm adding oil just to keep it slightly above minimum level and always 10-20 minutes after shutdown. In your opinion, is this a normal oil consumption?

Thank you!
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom Pilot
    (Username Protected),

Congratulations on acquiring your P100EV. I learned from the mechanics at EEJS-MLB and EEJS-FLL that the fluid indication you observed is considered normal, and it’s how I always maintained our 100EV. If the red band is visible, the fluid level is appropriate. During our 5 years of operation, I never had to add oil between 12 month inspections.

One item to consider is that some shops may not adhere to the proper hydraulic fluid servicing procedure. Therefore, I recommend performing a 15-day check after your plane has been in maintenance to ensure they haven’t overfilled your reservoir. I’ve encountered this issue multiple times with EEJS facilities since the P100EV procedure is different than the P100. Follow the procedure outlined in the POH, including resetting the spoiler circuit breaker for 5 seconds when you perform your checks of the reservoir, emergency parking brake accumulator and main brake accumulator.

The only component I regularly serviced was the emergency parking brake accumulator, which requires a pre-charge of 1500-1600psi. Not every shop has the necessary high-pressure setup for this task.

If your plane sits for more than three days, you should also reference SL500-29-0006 — HYDRAULIC RESERVOIR LUBRICATION AFTER LONG RESTING TIME. I believe this SL is still in effect.

Your oil burn is consistent with ours. Max allowable is 1qt every 10 hours, I believe.

Enjoy.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Name:  67381505459__88B633AF-644B-4881-8614-4FC4F00C7DED.jpeg
Views: 1138
Size:  2.90 MB
    Service level Full

Name:  IMG_2399.jpeg
Views: 1108
Size:  1.54 MB
    Over-serviced
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),
    Congratulations on acquiring your P100EV.
    I am a P100E pilot from Vilnius. I have been flying P100 for 8 years.
    I have noticed that the temperature has an effect.
    You said Florida was +77F, Prague +32F. Exactly 22 degrees Celsius difference.
    Hydraulic fluid is susceptible to temperature.
    The difference between the red and green bands is approx 150-200 ml of HYD fluid.
    In your case, this is normal.
    (Username Protected)