1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

AC/VCS Failures and lack of replacement inventory

I know this has been an ongoing issue but I do not understand how a commercial enterprise such as Embraer has failed to take definitive action to (1) get a new supplier who has a better history of making reliable aircraft VCS systems or, (2) give the present supplier 90 days to improve their manufacturing or lose the single source contract. We have been down for weeks (FL) and cannot get any commitment as to when a replacement condenser will be in our future. Not only does the VCS system cool the cockpit and cabin, but the avionics panel as well.

Quite frankly I cannot understand why Embraer keeps putting themselves (and us by association), into single source inventory problems again and again. Someone in Brazil needs to clean up this self-imposed mess and change their myopic policy. Embraer should have multiple sources for critical parts and stockpile them better. The failure of the VCS system is well known. It should have been addressed long ago. The ongoing nature of this problem speaks volumes about where Embraer needs to improve its practices.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Chip are you saying that we need to look at a CJ4 instead ?
    We had some parts supply issues with the PC12, but certainly not more than say a week delay, but that has improved.
    You're not the first person to have told me about the parts supply issue.
    I would also think that given the clean sheet nature of this design vs the 525 line that some of these systems would be cross compatible over the p100 and p300 line and that they would be aware of the issues prior to actual manufacturing.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    The 100/300 may have nearly identical cockpits, but the systems under the hood are mostly not the same.

My 10 year old jet had one VCS failure (compressor) and it took about 6 weeks to wrangle up all the parts. If it's winter you'll be fine. Warm/Spring weather out, it's uncomfortable until you get up in to the 40's and then cools down inside. Hot weather, don't even try to fly.

There are a lot of reasons to look at the CJ4, Embraer being infuriating to deal with is one of them. Parts are a problem for everyone, but a good shop will battle them on your behalf. But the Phenom is just better single pilot, easier to load, roomier, looks better, carries (a little more), etc. It's worth dealing with Embraer Executive rhyming with dumpster fire.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    As (Username Protected) stated, infuriating and dumpster fire are great ways to describe the almost daily battle of keeping an Embraer Jet running smoothly. Nothing like taking 3 months to get a new employee’s TechCare access going too only to find out that the majority of the problem was induced by them creating accounts having generated 3 usernames for that person. The lack of helpful, competent customer service abounds everywhere at Embraer.

This is unfortunately nothing new as it’s happened with multiple high failure rate parts over the last 7 or years I’ve been flying the 300. Not only is it almost impossible to get one, I’d encourage owners/operators to preorder a VCS now if you know it’s coming up on the 2000 hour life limit. We’ve got about 55 hours left per the Hobbs on the VCS and I ordered a replacement at the beginning of October. Delivery date says 28 Feb and we’ve been shutting the VCS off during ground ops to save time when it’s cool. I’ll probably request an overfly letter with Embraer if the delivery date keeps creeping out further.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    I'm puzzled as to why a company that operates commercial jets and has NetJets as a big customer would be very good to it's owner flown airplanes. My PC12 would go annual to annual without needing as single thing.
    My main reason for going to a CJ would be the service support and the sheer number of airplanes and places to get things fixed.
    I prefer not to deal with 'dumpster fires' and is one of my hesitations. (Username Protected), what's the main reason you find the P300 easier to fly SP?

Appreciation in advance.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Chris Email me your P/N at d(Username Protected)@turbinerotables.com I might be able to help......
    (Username Protected)