1. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Corrupt IFR/VFR charts; Nxi

I have been doing database updates for years without issue. Recently, the VFR/IFR charts will not update. All of the other line items do update and are current. The Active column for VFR/IFR charts shows 'Corrupt'.

I have tried a new SD card. I have tried completely wiping and formatting another new SD card with the formatting program recommended by Garmin (SD Card Formatter). Still no luck.

I have tried updating that one line item with the MFD soft keys. Still no luck.

The only thing I've not tried is deleting all of the databases and re-installing (for fear of that grounding my airplane). There does not seem to be an option to remove one database item.

Any ideas?

(Username Protected)
    Name:  IMG_1605.jpeg
Views: 395
Size:  332.1 KB
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 514 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I would delete all and then reload. It shows that the Active database is the corrupted one.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I had this issue (with a G3000) about a year ago. Tried everything you mentioned, but no luck. Ended up having a technician remedy the corrupt database (it was Chartview) by resetting something while in maintenance mode. Not sure exactly what he did, but it was beyond my knowledge / know how. That said, he fixed the issue in 5-10 minutes. Since then, I’ve reformatted the SD card every time prior to loading a new Chartview database - and I also delete the old Chartview database from the ‘standby’ column prior to updating. Have heard the ‘corrupt’ issue may result from loading the same cycle database over / into an existing database, and perhaps with a change to that database’s coverage. For example, if you load a trip pack same cycle Chartview database onto an existing Chartview database, might go corrupt… Haven’t had any issues since.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I agree, I have had to do this a handful of times and the reload takes about an hour or so.

Thankfully, last year I had a new software load installed and now I have the option to delete just the corrupt database.

I have never proven this, but I think it had something to do with me not giving the system enough time to copy the database to PFD2 after the old charts had expired. When I dug into it, it always said the issue was with PFD2. Unfortunately, I never saw an option to just blow away the database on PFD2 and have it reload from the MFD.

--(Username Protected)
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    This has happened to me as well. The only way to fix it is to delete all the database line items and reload again. It’s takes some time about 4 hours if you have a fast service. Make sure you have a 32g SD Card I have found that the 8g is too small. FAT FORMATTING. it will fix the corrupt problem.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I had the same issue and the only solution for me was to delete all the databases and start again. I called Jeppesen and made sure I had a fresh download available for all of the databases then went to work. Hasn't happened again in the last 3 or 4 updates.