1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 27 times
    Researching Phenom 100

Phenom 100- Bleed 1 FAIL CAS

Hello everyone.
    Has anyone experienced the above and if so, what did it turn out to be?
    I had the CAS, and QRH failed to reset it. It happened on the ground, at home.
    A mechanic recommended disconnecting both main batteries for 5 mins- did not work.
    Embraer recommended swapping the GIA 1 with GIA 2 but the CAS did not follow.
    Next, it was recommended to change the Temperature Controller- I was sent an ‘inspected’ part. This did not fix problem.
    Got an overhauled temperature controller- no luck
    Now, we are awaiting a PCSOV.
    Meanwhile, the labor costs are going from lower left to upper right on the graph.
    Would appreciate any ideas/experience.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Quote Original Post View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Has anyone experienced the above and if so, what did it turn out to be?
    I had the CAS, and QRH failed to reset it. It happened on the ground, at home.
    A mechanic recommended disconnecting both main batteries for 5 mins- did not work.
    Embraer recommended swapping the GIA 1 with GIA 2 but the CAS did not follow.
    Next, it was recommended to change the Temperature Controller- I was sent an ‘inspected’ part. This did not fix problem.
    Got an overhauled temperature controller- no luck
    Now, we are awaiting a PCSOV.
    Meanwhile, the labor costs are going from lower left to upper right on the graph.
    Would appreciate any ideas/experience.
    (Username Protected),

There is an earlier post on the same issue: https://www.phenompilots.org/threads...I-actually-AOG

This refers to the FCSOV as the cause. One item I did notice is the issue of using 'inspected' parts. While I have had good luck using inspected/removed parts, sometimes they were removed for a reason that is not always positive
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 27 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    (Username Protected),

There is an earlier post on the same issue: https://www.phenompilots.org/threads...I-actually-AOG

This refers to the FCSOV as the cause. One item I did notice is the issue of using 'inspected' parts. While I have had good luck using inspected/removed parts, sometimes they were removed for a reason that is not always positive
    Thanks (Username Protected)
    For whatever Embraer found on the CMP download, they did not recommend replacement of the FCSOV, but rather the PCSOV!
    I don’t know why.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Thanks (Username Protected)
    For whatever Embraer found on the CMP download, they did not recommend replacement of the FCSOV, but rather the PCSOV!
    I don’t know why.
    I'm new to Phenoms, so I'm sure others with more knowledge would have some ideas. I just saw the same issue in the other posts.

I'm learning more as we go through a pre-buy for a client.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I had a similar issue and first replaced the PRSOV as it is relatively inexpensive and easy to do. It did not fix the issue and since the FCSOV’s were basically unavailable, I ended up doing the SB that replaces both FCSOV’s and several associated parts. That fixed my issue with the b(Username Protected)d fail.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Ditto to (Username Protected), that seemed to be the consensus from the other thread on this topic. Doing the FCSOV SB also solved the issue where at cruise the cabin altitude would hold fine, but the rate would sometime sporadically move up and down around 0 (e.g.+100fpm for a few seconds with accompanying rush/hiss of air, then -100fpm for a few seconds). That seems to have gone away with the FCV SB