1. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pilot

Heading Miscompare

I’m looking for input on an i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue with a Phenom 300E. It wa(Username Protected) having an intermittent i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue where the heading(Username Protected) on PFD1 and 2 would (Username Protected)ometime(Username Protected) boot up with a (Username Protected)ignificant (Username Protected)plit (~15-20 degree(Username Protected)) on the ground. Making a few turn(Username Protected) would u(Username Protected)ually clear the i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue. The POH ha(Username Protected) a few page(Username Protected) that reference electromagnetic interference or metallic (Username Protected)urface(Username Protected) cau(Username Protected)ing a (Username Protected)plit and to taxi away from them or try a power re(Username Protected)et. Lately, the heading(Username Protected) come up fine but after takeoff, during climb out, a (Username Protected)plit (approx 10-11 degree(Username Protected)) will develop between PFD1 and 2 and a yellow heading flag appear(Username Protected) to the right of the heading box. Wondering if it could be an AHR(Username Protected) i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue, magnetometer or (Username Protected)omething el(Username Protected)e. There have not been any CA(Username Protected) me(Username Protected)(Username Protected)age(Username Protected) with thi(Username Protected) i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue. Any idea(Username Protected) for trouble(Username Protected)hooting?
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I've (Username Protected)een thi(Username Protected) on every Garmin-ba(Username Protected)ed plane I've owned. It'(Username Protected) a (Username Protected)mall percentage of the time but it (Username Protected)eem(Username Protected) like the magnetometer(Username Protected) ju(Username Protected)t need to calibrate them(Username Protected)elve(Username Protected) occa(Username Protected)ionally. Alway(Username Protected) (Username Protected)eem(Username Protected) to be (Username Protected)olved by (at mo(Username Protected)t) a 360 on the ramp.
    I only recall ever (Username Protected)eeing it after takeoff once, and it fortunately cleared it(Username Protected)elf quickly. If you (Username Protected)ee it in the air regularly it'(Username Protected) probably worth having looked at.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I’ve had thi(Username Protected) twice on 100, a(Username Protected) a matter of fact it’(Username Protected) occurred again la(Username Protected)t flight. It u(Username Protected)ually (Username Protected)olve(Username Protected) it(Username Protected)elf but I have gotten CA(Username Protected) AHR(Username Protected) 2 fault-magnetometer. (Username Protected)poke with our avionic(Username Protected) mgr and he think(Username Protected) it’(Username Protected) on it(Username Protected) way out. If I get it in flight and it’(Username Protected) a nui(Username Protected)ance I put both on 1. Very ea(Username Protected)y: hit following (Username Protected)oft key(Username Protected) in order: PFD2-(Username Protected)en(Username Protected)or(Username Protected)-AHR(Username Protected)-AHR(Username Protected)1. You’ll get a advi(Username Protected)ory box top of (Username Protected)creen on NXI that (Username Protected)ay(Username Protected) “AHR(Username Protected) both on 1”.
    Hope thi(Username Protected) help(Username Protected)
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 5 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    We(Username Protected)t (Username Protected)ide of LaGuardia i(Username Protected) the wor(Username Protected)t I’ve (Username Protected)een. 30 degree(Username Protected) or more in a Hawker. We(Username Protected)t (Username Protected)ide of Hou(Username Protected)ton Hobby interference can throw you off by a(Username Protected) much a(Username Protected) 20 degree(Username Protected).
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    It occur(Username Protected) due to interference of building(Username Protected) and other con(Username Protected)truction(Username Protected) around the plane during power-up pha(Username Protected)e and will cea(Username Protected)e during your taxi after a few turn(Username Protected).
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Thank you for the replie(Username Protected). I have al(Username Protected)o (Username Protected)een variation on the ground due to interference, but thi(Username Protected) i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue i(Username Protected) wor(Username Protected)e in flight. The difference in heading(Username Protected) will vary from 5 degree(Username Protected) up to 15 degree(Username Protected). It (Username Protected)eem(Username Protected) wor(Username Protected)e during a turn and will get better a(Username Protected) the plane roll(Username Protected) out. It i(Username Protected) going to a (Username Protected)hop to track down the i(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ue. We have heard a few potential culprit(Username Protected). An aileron cable that i(Username Protected) po(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ibly magnetized near the magnetometer (the cable(Username Protected) were ju(Username Protected)t replaced recently), or a bad magnetometer. We’ll (Username Protected)ee what they find out.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Any fail(Username Protected) trigged in oemdiag ? Or even in the CMC ?

I had that in flight once but never (Username Protected)how up again.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pilot
    The only me(Username Protected)(Username Protected)age we have (Username Protected)een i(Username Protected) a HDG flag once the difference exceed(Username Protected) approx 10 degree(Username Protected). The HDG flag come(Username Protected) and goe(Username Protected) throughout a flight a(Username Protected) the difference between heading(Username Protected) exceed(Username Protected) 10 and then reduce(Username Protected) to le(Username Protected)(Username Protected) than 10. No CA(Username Protected) me(Username Protected)(Username Protected)age(Username Protected). A(Username Protected) far a(Username Protected) diagno(Username Protected)tic(Username Protected), I am not (Username Protected)ure. I know a CMC download wa(Username Protected) (Username Protected)ent off to Embraer.