1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

P100EV Emergency Brake CAS

We have a brand new P100EV (less than 75 hours), and on three separate occasions have been sidelined with a "Low Emergency Brake" CAS. It appeared again yesterday. This morning, I ran the scheduled hydraulic test, and it appears that the nitrogen level is low in the accumulator. The entire system was serviced one month ago at the last AOG event. My question is how often should I have to recharge the nitrogen level in the e-brake accumulator? It only flew about 10 hours in the intervening time period, and it is always stored with the e-brake off. Is once per month too much, aka I have a leak?
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hmm, that doesn't sound right, I think our Nitrogen goes annual to annual and maybe beyond. The parking brake shouldn't be using it under normal circumstances, sounds like you may have a leak somewhere.

(Username Protected)-
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    When I took delivery of my new 100EV a few years ago, I had the exact same problem. Embraer would replace a part and then do an overnight test which the aircraft would pass. A month later, it would need a recharge. Obviously the test wasn't long enough or sensitive enough. They replaced the accumulator with a refurb and the problem got worse. Finally, I had it to Duncan and they insisted on replacing it with a new accumulator (not a refurb) and I have never had to add N2 since other than at regular service events.

--(Username Protected)
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Agreed... its a leak or faulty accumulator. These are basically the same devices that modern cars use to hold the Parking Brake. It should be pratically serviceless over years.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Agree that it’s a probably an accumulator leak. Since your jet is still under warranty, you should be able to get a new (not refurbished) replacement.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Maintenance Provider

P100EV Emergency Brake CAS

It is a fact that you have a nitrogen leak.
    We usually find leaks in the tubes (permaswage sleeve) between the filling point and the accumulator.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I'm flying a new P100EV that was delivered in December of 2022 - This airplane had identical symptoms, and after recharging the PB accumulator with nitrogen two or three times, we had it replaced at Eagle Creek just last week with a new one. Since it tends to take a few months for the leak to become apparent, time will tell as to whether this solved the problem, but it was replaced with a new and not refurbished unit.

Jim