1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Phenom 100 Optional Equipment Among The Years

Hey All,
    Thanks for providing such a wealth of knowledge in the forums as prior to this website it was tough to find almost any information about real world 100 experiences. In our quest to move up to the twin turbine world I created a spreadsheet tracking 100s for sale and noticed a few planes touting differing options. Mainly:

Premium Passenger Door
    What is the difference between it and the standard? And any idea of the option cost?

Enhanced Take-Off Package

This one I was able to find out through Google searching that it provides a FADEC software update to allow for more power in all phases of flight and that it was a $75,000 option. Not sure how many planes did it or didn't do it, but I've only seen a handful of listings with it called out. Anyone not opt for it?

Curtain Lav vs Solid Lav Door
    Is there a preference one way or another for passengers (and owners?). Is it a pocket door? Bi-fold?

Side Facing Seat and Belted Lav

I have seen a bunch of planes that had both of these options, but I've never come across a listing that states it's a 7 passenger plane. Is the 100 limited to 6 passengers no (Username Protected)er what your configuration is for the seats?

Synthetic Vision

A couple examples out there without it, so I found out it was a $25,000 option. We have it on our Meridian and while it's a small piece to the puzzle I do find the PIP to be very useful. Anyone here running a 100 without SVT?

Lower Serial Planes
    Any issues to be wary of in lower serial number planes other than just aging related items (paint, wear and tear, gear overhaul, etc).

Engine and Airframe Programs
    By far and large most of the planes I've catalogued fall under EEC Standard and ESP Gold/Gold Lite. A few others are EEC Enhanced and various types of ESP for the engines. But a couple are listed out with JSSI on one or both programs. Anyone running a 100 on JSSI have any insight into how that program has been for you and coordinating parts and maintenance etc? We are up in the air on doing EEC Enhanced, but as a first time jet owner I'm starting to lean towards having comfort in a bit more predictability. We only fly for pleasure so there's no business offsetting these costs.

I think that about covers what I have come across so far. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Username Protected)-
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Premium Passenger Door
    What is the difference between it and the standard? And any idea of the option cost?
    I don't think I have seen any planes without the "Premium" entrance. It adds telescopic tubing (instead of chain?) and LED lights.

Name:  airstairdoor.jpg
Views: 2476
Size:  85.7 KB
    Curtain Lav vs Solid Lav Door
    Is there a preference one way or another for passengers (and owners?). Is it a pocket door? Bi-fold?
    On the P300 the solid door is standard. It is certainly much nicer but adds a weight penalty (don't recall the lbs) that may not be worth on the P100, considering how rarely the bathroom actually gets used.

Name:  bathroom.jpg
Views: 2628
Size:  75.0 KB

Enhanced Take-Off Package
    This one I was able to find out through Google searching that it provides a FADEC software update to allow for more power in all phases of flight and that it was a $75,000 option. Not sure how many planes did it or didn't do it, but I've only seen a handful of listings with it called out. Anyone not opt for it?
    It was included as a standard option for many years, so the wast majority of planes have it. I have not seen a plane that doesn't have it.

Side Facing Seat and Belted Lav
    I have seen a bunch of planes that had both of these options, but I've never come across a listing that states it's a 7 passenger plane. Is the 100 limited to 6 passengers no (Username Protected)er what your configuration is for the seats?
    They don't count the co-pilot seat, so 4 in club seating + lav + side seat = 6. Note that this will only work on short trips, as you run out of payload pretty quickly with tanks full.

Synthetic Vision
    A couple examples out there without it, so I found out it was a $25,000 option. We have it on our Meridian and while it's a small piece to the puzzle I do find the PIP to be very useful. Anyone here running a 100 without SVT?
    I didn't have it on my P300 initially and I missed it. If you install NXi you may be able to negotiate a small discount with the Garmin dealer.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I recently went through this exercise. (Username Protected) from Aerocor was very helpful, in case you're considering using a broker.

Most sellers don't know what their planes actually have, even if the seller seems like a legitimate broker. For example, asking "Do you have the premium passenger door" isn't as useful as "Send me a picture of the door." We found people who didn't even know if they had a rigid lav.

Just because a listing says or doesn't say something, don't take that as final until you've verified it with a picture.

The Premium Passenger Door is a must have, but as (Username Protected) said, nearly all have it, and even people who don't think they have it probably have it.

The Enhanced Takeoff Package is better described by saying that at some point they reduced the power unless you coughed up an extra $75k. As (Username Protected) says though, nearly all airplanes have it, because it's a safety feature. I don't know the exact cutoff but it's in the 200s. All serials in the mid 200s and less have it. Then most above that also have it.

JSSI vs ESP -- be aware that each JSSI contract is negotiated individually and are therefore not directly comparable with one another. There may be odd inclusions/exclusions, so you'll have to read the full plan agreements. This in my mind makes a JSSI bird slightly less desirable because you take on that burden of figuring out what the contract actually says.

Early Serial # Gotchas -- I bought #85, so definitely an early serial number. So far the 1 gotchas I've noticed is -- I have a 110lb less useful load than most Phenoms (wasn't aware of that when I was shopping). The SBs that increase useful load are 500-00-0005, 500-00-0009 and 500-00-0018. Once you know the status of those SB's, look in Chapter 2 of the AFM to determine the applicable useful load.

Rigid Lav Door -- this was a "must have" for us because the women in my family saw this as making the difference between a "real" bathroom and an unusable one. (I make no claim that others would hold this opinion.). However one thing we learned is that it adds a ton to the value of the airplane simply because they are so hard to find. I suspect that having this option is going to help me preserve resale value.

SynViz -- I can confirm (Username Protected)'s claim that you can get a discount on it if you bundle it with an Nxi install. Honestly, I didn't have it at all in my Eclipse and I didn't miss it, but it just felt wrong to upgrade to Nxi without adding SynViz, so that's what I did. I find that the green "gun sight" indicator adds a useful cross check for hand flown approaches.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I have owned my 300 for 10.5 yrs with JSSI, and I have been pretty happy with them. Zero issues in covering maintenance items. They have been pretty easy to deal with
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you for the replies, all very helpful! I will definitely follow up on the SBs for the weight increase for the planes we are looking at.

The planes on JSSI probably will not work for us as it appears there is a 150 hour minimum and we do not fly near that much. Maybe it will change with a jet, but we will already be cutting an hour off our mission flight.

Had one other question about the club seating - are there headset outlets for those seats so the passengers can talk to us up front?

Thanks again,

(Username Protected)-
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Yes, there are headset ports in the back.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected). Have you looked into doing 500-00-0005, 500-00-0009 and 500-00-0018 on your plane? If so, do you know the costs involved? One of them looks like the installation of spoilers which seems like it would remove UL?
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Enhanced takeoff was standard in 2009/2010. It because an option for 2011-2013 then standard again once the 100E was released in 2014.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Researching Phenom 100
    How many hours do you think you will fly annually in the Phenom?
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Thanks (Username Protected). Have you looked into doing 500-00-0005, 500-00-0009 and 500-00-0018 on your plane? If so, do you know the costs involved? One of them looks like the installation of spoilers which seems like it would remove UL?
    500-00-0009 is the mod to add spoiler panels that were standard on the 100E. I am not aware of any 100's that have had it done.