1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Cold weather quirks?

Separate from the de-icing stories thread, I'm curious if folks have any known quirks (and workarounds) when operating cold-soaked Phenoms. Although based in Colorado, I'm hangered here so my plane is rarely cold-soaked and mostly fly south in the Winter. The few times I have been overnight in the cold I've noticed a few things, but curious if there are other quirks to look out for...
    • Parking brake light - I'm sure almost everyone is aware of this. Generally a few hard drops of the brake seems to resolve it, but this last weekend I had to resort to the full FOL procedure (exercising the brakes and spoilers) which fortunately got it to turn off. Interestingly, the PB light this weekend would show up dim when the brake was engaged, and full bright when it was off. Odd!
    • Single point fueling fail - I've only gotten the single point fail light twice on the plane, both in cold weather. The first time was at -15F in Canada, so I wasn't really surprised. However this last weekend, after overnight in the 20's in Boston, the fueler got the fail light twice while trying to fuel (and it valves both closed). When I arrived and we tried again, it worked fine. Not sure if it just warmed up slightly, or if he was doing something else wrong... but my assumption is that it's cold-affected at least. The plane also puked some fuel out the left vent (it was a top-off) but not sure if that's cold related.

Any other issues to look out for?