Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

ESP Platinum - worth the upgrade?

What is better than Gold... Platinum!

I was browsing the ESP website this morning and came across their new Platinum tier.

https://www.pwc.ca/en/products-and-s...e-programs/esp

• Envi(Username Protected)mental damage repair
    • Scheduled line maintenance (parts and labour)
    • Low utilization inspection
    • Technical publications subscription

I guess the "Envi(Username Protected)mental damage repair" covers corrosion... I have a call out to my rep to get the hourly cost and enrollment constraints, will follow up.

Anyone looked into this plan yet?
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Looks like $22 more per hour per side. There is a "buy-in fee" to go from Gold to Platinum.
    Attachments Attachments
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Do you know how the Gold and Platinum compare to the JSSI plans?

(Username Protected)-
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    (Username Protected),
    I see this question often and the programs are very comparable. They both are whole life insurance - you pay in equity to cover a future mortality and if it happens early you are covered. JSSI is more of a pure insurance play since they are not attached to the OEM. Theoretically they will act as your advocate if a dispute arises with Pratt. It is important to note that JSSI offers more variations of coverage and the only way to fully know what is covered is to view the Exhibit C. Always ask for that if considering preowned. If you are adding an engine program for the first time it is good to get quotes from both companies as they will compete on rates somewhat. In my experience both companies do a good job of honoring the coverage. Some people (especially older brokers) seem to prefer the OEM coverage but in my 100+ transactions I haven't seen a noticeable difference in service or residual value.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Good stuff (Username Protected)....I am planning on upgrading to Platinum within the month. No brainer for me. Love my 100!
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Here are the Platinum rates for the 100EV. I'm waiting for a quote on the buy up.

2021 Rates_PW617F1-E_REV 1.pdf
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Maintenance Provider
    We have worked on a few planes with Platinum coverage, A+. On the maintenance side, I see OEM’s don’t like to work with the 3rd party coverages as much as their own. As (Username Protected) commented, make sure you have your exhibit C and understand the contract.
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) - what have you heard regarding corrosion issues on either 617s or 535s? That would be the major driver for me moving to Platinum coverage. I do 2-3 rinses a year.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    On another note ......had an AOG this weekend, #4 carbon bearing seal on one of my engines failed.( only a 900 hour plus engine)...( apparently I missed the SB on this one)had to dispatch Pratt up to The northeast , fortunately had esp gold, all covered....I’m sure it’s going to be a pricey fix..... Pratt said this has been an ongoing problem for just this #4 seal .......they are suggesting doing an oil analysis every 200 hours or every annual, apparently sample taken from the (Username Protected) detector and sent to Pratt for a analysis
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    FOD event coverage is still a differentiator. Williams covers it but not PWC.
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 29 times
    Other Services Provider
    As for the Platinum level, it addresses an issue most other engine support programs addressed years ago. It will cover scheduled maintenance between larger engine events. I sold quite a few EEC Engine Add-on supplements to address this. Filters and other engine maintenance every 600 Flight-Hours are not very expensive, but when your preference is to pay for nearly all maintenance costs through support programs for predictability, this stood out as a cost that should be available in ESP. Platinum addresses that.
    FOD is a cost you can't predict. Having hundreds of thousands of engines in service, PWC could perform a risk analysis to determine the number of events per 100,000 hours and average cost to repair each engine model. I once spoke with a Phenom100 owner after such an event and he found that GAP insurance coverage was optionally available when he started the policy but was uninformed. How much of such an event will your aircraft insurance cover? Engine repair, rental engine, shipping of engines, removal & installation of engines, and mobile repair team? It won't cost anything to ask your insurance agent.
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Have any non-EV Phenom owners switched to Platinum yet?

Does anyone have a link to the PW617F-E pdf?
  13. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    We just finished the purchase of a 2013 100 and switched it to Platinum from Gold when we did the ESP paperwork. Haven't really received anything from P+W about it, so not sure how much help I can be but the process was just a one sheeter.

(Username Protected)-
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I know (Username Protected) recently upgraded to Platinum. I’ll see if I can get him to post his experience.
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hey guys...my upgrade took a few months to get done due to delays in paperwork, but I am happy with the additional coverage. I just had engine maintenance work done and the labor/ parts were covered as described. I like the fact that envi(Username Protected)mental damage is covered, as I fly over coastal areas frequently. Even with engine washes, I believe there is a good chance to get some form of envi(Username Protected)mental damage over the long term.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you. Very helpful! Does anyone have a good contact at PWC to get a quote?
  17. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Try

Ken Smith | ESP Sales & Global Strategy

Customer Service | Pratt & Whitney Canada International
    Melbourne, Florida USA
    Tel: +1 450 647 3731 | Cell: +1 904 671 2637
    * [email protected]
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I got a quote on upgrading from ESP gold to platinum. There's a "sale" now on the buy-in for a limited time. I'd love any thoughts from anyone that has done the upgrade. It looks like it almost pencils out for the routine inspections. So I'm curious what others think.

Thanks!
  19. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Hey guys...my upgrade took a few months to get done due to delays in paperwork, but I am happy with the additional coverage. I just had engine maintenance work done at West Star and the labor/ parts were covered as described. I like the fact that envi(Username Protected)mental damage is covered, as I fly over coastal areas frequently. Even with engine washes, I believe there is a good chance to get some form of envi(Username Protected)mental damage over the long term.
    At what calendar or flight hour intervals does Pratt advise engine washes?
    Anyone know if washes are being done by owners?
    I have not heard anything from the DOM or JSSI.
    What are most people doing?
  20. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I too got a new quote to upgrade to ESP Platinum at a discounted buy-in rate. I am due for an overhaul in the next 3-4 years, and operating primarily out of Florida I am definitely considering it for the corrosion coverage. It also covers all scheduled maintenance including Low Utilization Inspections (LUI) which adds up.
  21. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    At what calendar or flight hour intervals does Pratt advise engine washes?
    Anyone know if washes are being done by owners?
    I have not heard anything from the DOM or JSSI.
    What are most people doing?
    I’ve always done a compressor wash at the 12 mo inspection, supplemented by an additional wash(es) when spending time in coastal Florida or Caribbean.

(Username Protected)
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Marucs, when do you do and what interval engine washes?
  23. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Marucs, when do you do and what interval engine washes?
    Twice a year typically. During the 12 mo inspection and then 6 mo later.
  24. Username Protected

Thanked 5 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Boeing (the provider of the engine program on the Eclipse PWC engines) has offered that program upgrade on those engines as well. In a number of cases it has been worth the additional expense, even for back hours. The found corrosion on my engines, right after I sold it, most likely from lack of rinses by the previous owner residing in the SE for ten years. The cost was $130k outside of the premium coverage, which makes the additional cost for coverage 'reasonable'. When coupled with LUI coverage, it can work for some operators on existing ESP.
  25. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    As we have reviewed turbine options, one of the challenges of living in SE Florida is that I understand that we would have to do a wash after every flight or the warranty on a PT6, PW, or Williams, or void the warranty. Anyone run into this?
  26. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I signed up for ESP Platinum today after reviewing the revised Chapter 05-20 of the EMM. In Florida (Extreme Envi(Username Protected)ment), desalination washes are now required daily OR as general observations warrant. This matches what I have been told at previous conventions "General observation of salt, dust or heavy pollution on the aircraft or engine can warrant engine desalination wash activities". Common sense.

Name:  wash-guidelines.png
Views: 4447
Size:  531.3 KB
  27. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Non-Pilot
    (Username Protected).. I'd definetley consider corrosion where you live.. If it's any indictator of the salt-air, Macdill washes their KC135's daily.
  28. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Does anyone know off hand, if JSSI offers something similar to the ESP platinum?
    I am inclined to think, not, as I spoke with JSSI recently and they did not mention anything.
  29. Username Protected

Thanked 5 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    What percentage increase are folks seeing on their ESP program renewals compared to last year?
  30. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    @(Username Protected) - JSSI has always covered corrosion. That's one way they try to sell the product. ESP Platinum also covers the LUIs. JSSI will add on LUI coverage if desired. They are much more flexible if you want specific items covered.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast