1. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times

Hot sections Phenom 300

Anyone gone through one recently?
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I completed mine in conjunction with my 10 year which was a year ago. I was on programs so it was all handled under that.

What are you curious about?
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I completed mine in conjunction with my 10 year which was a year ago. I was on programs so it was all handled under that.

What are you curious about?
    Thanks for the reply. Mine is underway and there are several small parts needed yet I am being told none are available and no estimated time to get them either. I can see that for maybe one part….but all of them? Wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Maintenance Provider
    Pratt is having a lot of part shortages, we have had engines in the shop for extended periods of time waiting on parts. Pratt knows they have a support problem, I have been told they are trying to fix it, but who knows. it's just a sit and wait game.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Thanks for the reply. Mine is underway and there are several small parts needed yet I am being told none are available and no estimated time to get them either. I can see that for maybe one part….but all of them? Wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
    I’d be interested to know if they find the igniter bosses wallowed out on your engines. A 300 based at our FBO had theirs done last month and had to have the combustion cans replaced due to this. It’s a known issue from vibration that PWC has yet to fix and is supposedly being found in the majority of 535’s.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Maintenance Provider
    We have had a set of rentals in our fleet that we have moved airplane to airplane, we have even sent the rentals into the shop for hots as well, there is just not enough parts and or rental engines out there. You would think Pratt would have tried to get ahead of the game on his when all of these airplanes started to sell to a lot of fleet operators and the order book got bigger. I have also seen the same problem on the 308 series engines as well. I know they are doing extensions with a letter, but the cost can be a little high for some operators.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    I’d be interested to know if they find the igniter bosses wallowed out on your engines. A 300 based at our FBO had theirs done last month and had to have the combustion cans replaced due to this. It’s a known issue from vibration that PWC has yet to fix and is supposedly being found in the majority of 535’s.
    Well good news as all the parts arrived! To answer your question on the igniters this was found in the number one engine which was also on the same combustor that has the convergence cracks and was rejected and needed replaced.