1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

When to use my on-field maintenance shop?

New owner here. I inherited EEC Enhanced from the previous owner so I'm sticking with that for a bit. However, I'm trying to figure out how to balance using a local (on my home field) maintenance shop vs flying it to an Embraer certified shop that would be covered by the EEC labor coverage. Obviously there are expenses in flying it (and time too).

At KHND (my home field) we have Apex Aviation, which is a well known Eclipse shop. I don't think they do any Phenom work, but I am considering still trying to use them for things like battery cap checks (of which mine are due soon), etc.

What are people's thoughts on this idea generally, and if so, how do you go about it? Do I need to get them access to the AMM via MyTechCare?
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected), Our planes are also on enhanced and we use local maintenance for items such as basic servicing, battery functional checks, etc. The labor rates for those items are minimal, so it beats flying the plane to an authorized service center.

The maintenance schedule is pretty flexible, so you are allowed +/- 30 days from your maintenance start date (found in the logbook from when the plane was delivered) to comply with scheduled yearly checks, so this gives flexibility when needing to combine your annual maintenance along with your 800FH, 1600FH, 2400FH scheduled packages. We're able to keep our scheduled servicing to once a year.

For us, the value of EEC Enhanced lies within AOG coverage. In the event your plane becomes grounded, all you need to do is send Embraer's Contact Center the CMC download and they'll quickly troubleshoot the issue and will schedule techs to travel to the jet wherever it is.

AMM is nice to have, but not a necessity. I've found the Contact Center is usually happy to provide me with the basic servicing documents from the AMM whenever needed. I save the PDFs and email them to the techs prior to servicing.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Little different since we’re on standard and an authorized Embraer Service Center has an AOG team positioned just over an hour away. Like (Username Protected) does, we use the local shop to handle all the small scheduled items. I can order parts through EEC for them when we need new batteries or other small things. Outside of that, even AOG travel expenses are less than flying 40 min each way to the service center when they’re so close. If the aircraft is hard broke upon return home or I can get it there, that’s how we handle it.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    (Username Protected), Does Constant Aviation LAS have a mobile team? Also, what year is the Phenom - close to the 120 mos?
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I've learned that Constant Aviation LAS is now only a mobile team. They closed their physical location. We are past the 10 year. That was accomplished December 2019.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Roger that - it might make sense to run an analysis on the Enhanced vs Standard as you won't have another major inspection until the 60 mos.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    While Mather had an authorized servce center at KHWD I'd fly up there for minor stuff or they'd send an AoG van for minimal added cost. With them gone, I've shifted minor work as others have noted to the local maintenance base at Atlantic SJC, and they have done a great job for me and coordinated with with Embraer when needed.