1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 100

Total Flying Costs - Phenom 300E

I am putting together a group to co-share a new Phenom 300E. Group size is likely to be 4 or 5 individuals. Some charter will be included in the model mainly to protect the "commercial" aspect of the group and to reclaim VAT etc in UK. Currently I own/run a TBM850 and can easily tell another prospective purchaser what the "on the ground cost" is per annum (hangarage, insurance and maintenance - approx £25k, $25k and £40k pa respectively if interested). Also, the hourly fuel burn equation is uber-simple (other ride sharing apps are available).

Increasingly I am chartering a Phenom 300E to take more people, further in distance in a shorter time with the psychological advantage of having a "proper" loo on board. The shame is I am not flying the aircraft, hence wanting to form a group (I would only need 50-100hrs a year myself). That way I could defer to professional pilots or fly with one in right seat, as it suited. I wouldn't expect to fly the Phenom 300E single pilot - I prefer the safety enhancement of two up front.

Tricky thing for me with the "jet thing" is getting an idea of annual costs for sitting on the ground, more on the annual maintenance budget side of things (any insurance quote for 2 pilot ops would be helpful, though. Hangarage figure, I have thanks). In terms of running costs, yes, I am aware that jet engines are normally covered on an hourly basis and I would expect to do that. A UK/EU figure for hourly charges would be helpful.

So, maybe quite an open question but if anyone could help me with some of the parameters, equations or other algorithms needed for a "true cost of motoring" figure, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The age and hours will determine your MX costs. If you can get a due list for the specific aircraft and get it to a service center that will give you a good baseline for the next year and run it for future years and ask for those too. This site has a good document that explains the age and its impact on inspection costs.

https://www.phenompilots.org/wiki/ph...ed-maintenance