1. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Brimstone Battery Fire Containment Bag - Questions

I am shopping for a battery fire containment bag for my Phenom 100 and the Brimstone brand looks good. Does anyone have experience with this brand in their Phenom?

I see the dimensions are on the large size for large laptop bag (14"Wx17"Lx1"D). I am wondering if it can be folded and where a good place to store it would be. Ideally, I could store it behind the pilot seat.
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I don't know that bag in particular, but I have a similar sized on that I keep in the cabinet behind the pilot's seat and always brief passengers on the location.

I also keep a set of welding gloves inside the bag - if something is on fire, you won't be able to pick it up bare handed (looks like the brimstone bag comes with something similar).
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), if you could pass along the make and model of what you have, it would be appreciated. Including the glove brand if you have it.

Also, is your bag foldable?
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected), if you could pass along the make and model of what you have, it would be appreciated. Including the glove brand if you have it.

Also, is your bag foldable?
    I don't have easy access to the plane at the moment - the bag came with it when I purchased it (from Germany) so I don't know the model offhand. The gloves looked like standard leather welding gloves.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Good morning (Username Protected), I have a ton of knowledge in this space as I invented the AvSax fire containment bag that is carried on all US major pax carriers but one. Happy to have a chat with you about specifics of Brimstone and others in this space as well as deployment stats. Let me know if interested and we can get together.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hello (Username Protected), this might be something useful for us to carry in our 300. Please send me some particulars on an iPad size containment pouch. Thank you.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 50 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I bought this from Amazon for $10 plus hand gloves, as they are resist fire of bigger LiPo battery than any iPad/phone has. But not for Notebooks..

‘Tenergy 2 Pack Lipo Bags, Fire Retardant Lipo Battery Bag for Charging and Storage, 7x9inches.‘

8. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for the info (Username Protected). Much obliged.