1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

Batt Exceedance CAS Message

Has anyone experienced a “Batt Exceedance” CAS message in flight, showing an over-voltage? Experienced this today - Batt 2 voltage showed 29.1 V (in yellow on MFD). The CAS message, and over-voltage cleared a few seconds after it appeared. Batt 2 voltage showed ~28.8 V (green) for most of the rest of the flight, while Batt 1 showed 28.4 V. Curious if this might be indicative of an impending GCU (2) problem. No abnormal power loads / draws during the flight. Caution appeared (and cleared) shortly after initial decent from FL300.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Just recently had this happen on the Gen 1 side at FL380 in cruise. Mine did not clear and I had to run the checklist.

Happened again on takeoff on the next flight. We can not get it to happen on the ground using embraer mx steps. Swapped GCUs to see if it follows, but it hasn't happened again since.

Did you find a cause or has it continued for you?
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I have not found a smoking gun yet. We had one more occurrence of the CAS message on a similar flight from the first post; ended the same - all cleared after a few seconds. The only thing I’ve noticed slightly (very slightly) different from “normal” flights is our BATT 2 voltage seemed to start slightly higher than normal on the flight when the CAS message occurred. For example, BATT 2 voltage just prior to takeoff was 28.7 - 28.8 V on the most recent flight when we received the CAS message. After ~15 minutes, BATT 2 eventually climbed to 29.1 V for a few seconds, then decreased to ~28.8 V for the remainder of the flight. All other recent flights (without the CAS message), BATT 2 voltage seems to hang out at 28.4 - 28.5 V (AEO) for the entire evolution. Not sure why the difference, or if it is even applicable. Will follow up if we find anything - might have more / better details at the end of May. Please do the same if you don’t mind. Thanks!