1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 50 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Phenom 100 GPU issues fix with below 30V

Hi,

Rarely I have run in some GPU issues at some FBO's, in the past fix was changing the GPU. The indication is GPU connected as CAS message but GPU enable button no light, so no function.

Last week have realised if the GPU delivers more than 30V the light goes not on, so turn down the GPU power below 30V and all good.

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Hi,

Rarely I have run in some GPU issues at some FBO's, in the past fix was changing the GPU. The indication is GPU connected as CAS message but GPU enable button no light, so no function.

Last week have realised if the GPU delivers more than 30V the light goes not on, so turn down the GPU power below 30V and all good.

(Username Protected)
    Press the button, even without the light,. PDPU the GPU very quickly and it should work
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 50 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I tried, was not working, was still on battery power only.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    I tried, was not working, was still on battery power only.
    Go to electrical page and check the gpu voltage ... if it's above the high limit it should work. (29.5 or 30v depending the airplane).
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 50 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Exactly what I did, saw was at the electrical page beyond 30V and asked the ramp guys to reduce and vola GPU lamp came up as usual. And again, as long above 30V the push on the GPU switch did nothing, did not increased voltages all.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Exactly what I did, saw was at the electrical page beyond 30V and asked the ramp guys to reduce and vola GPU lamp came up as usual. And again, as long above 30V the push on the GPU switch did nothing, did not increased voltages all.
    It relays on the airport power circuits also. We have alot of power floats here. It should help if you turn the A/C on when you "catch the gpu connection", but gotta keep on eye on it, otherwise it can drop the gpu if you go away from the airplane and may have end with empty batteries
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Morning (Username Protected),

Please remember that one of the GCU1 functions is to protect the acft electrical system against undervoltage (below 24.5VDC) and overvoltage (29 VDC or 30 VDC depending on the Avionics Software Load), meaning the GCU1 isolates the GPU in those situations and that's why the light does not come on and the GPU does not connect to the acft electrical system.