1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Question P300 MLG tire replacement / cost?

I'm getting close to needing MLG tires replaced (fabric showing) and the shop where the plane is sitting now is quoting over $7K ea to replace the full wheel/tire assembly because they don't have a shop that can just change the tire.
    Is that what folks typically do? That's several times the cost of the tire itself, and I can't imagine the wheel needs a refurb every replacement.
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I looked back at an invoice I got when I had a team travel to me (~1.5 hour travel). I am pretty confident there was another line item for that travel time. But I found a line item for $2100 for labor for both MLG. Again, I don't believe that has travel time in it and may be different since that meant a tech and a 'supervisor/inspecting' individual also was there.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Were the parts covered by EEC? The pricing I'm looking at is just the parts. When the plane was under EEC it looks like the just swapped the wheels, but I'm hoping there is a less expensive option now that it's off EEC.

Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I looked back at an invoice I got when I had a team travel to me (~1.5 hour travel). I am pretty confident there was another line item for that travel time. But I found a line item for $2100 for labor for both MLG. Again, I don't believe that has travel time in it and may be different since that meant a tech and a 'supervisor/inspecting' individual also was there.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Is that what folks typically do? That's several times the cost of the tire itself, and I can't imagine the wheel needs a refurb every replacement.
    For folks on EEC, this is the default procedure I think, because EEC is happy to swap the full assembly. As a facility that does a lot of non-EEC work, I am pretty sure Aerostar has the ability to change just the tires.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I’ve gotten just the tires changed many times, it runs about 3500-4000 total to do both mains.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    I'm getting close to needing MLG tires replaced (fabric showing) and the shop where the plane is sitting now is quoting over $7K ea to replace the full wheel/tire assembly because they don't have a shop that can just change the tire.
    That is REDICULOUS... They diont have the equipment to replace a tire? Find a new shop
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 41 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    Speaking of tire changes the thing I would be concerned with the most is making sure the tire doesn't leak nitrogen like a sieve. If you don't have your own nitrogen bottle (and get one for long trips) you can quickly spend more on nitrogen top offs than it would cost to replace the tires.

I recently got new mains and I don't think I've added nitrogen for 6 months. Old tires wouldn't last more than 6 days.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    That’s crazy! We pay $370 for changing the main wheel assembly here. Parts covered under EEC
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    That’s crazy! We pay $370 for changing the main wheel assembly here. Parts covered under EEC
    Just to be clear, the $7k price was parts (for wheel assm.) as the plane is not on EEC. I expect parts to be far less for just tire replacement (although labor would be higher since it's more complex).
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Im confused LOL and I need a coffee deperately

In the intial post you said you were doing a tire replacement. Why are you replacing the assembly if the aircraft is not on a program? Is it damaged?

Spruce shows the mains at $875... I realize they have to put the aircraft on stilts but I cant imagine it would be more than $2k
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 36 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I've got wheels on my EEC. Yes they swap out entire assemblies. The assemblies have their own cycle/service tracking. So there's a lot more to it than just swapping tires. For the most part, my shop has a tire stash and just build up assemblies as needed (plus maintain them). I've also had a few come direct from Embraer, they're quite pricy.

I don't recommend waiting on threads to replace, especially if you're off EEC. Threads means you have limited landings left, or you could accelerate that quickly to just a few landings and then be AOG someplace you don't want to be. Once the inside tread gets square-ish and you're about to lose the grove, have your new tires on hand because wear starts accelerating. (Good shops replace before threads on EEC)

I don't have access to wheel costs right now, but last year I paid $1800/each for CJ3 tires... Unassembled/installed.
  12. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Im confused LOL and I need a coffee deperately

In the intial post you said you were doing a tire replacement. Why are you replacing the assembly if the aircraft is not on a program? Is it damaged?

Spruce shows the mains at $875... I realize they have to put the aircraft on stilts but I cant imagine it would be more than $2k
    I'm not looking to replace the assemblies but that is what the shop quoted me because they couldn't do the tire change. The plane was on programs before and always just did the assembly swap so I didn't have to worry about it.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Other Services Provider
    Don`t want to open another thread.

We finally got a new P300 Wheel delivered - now the Tires (258K63-2) seems to be unavailable. Tried all parts traders in the EU an most of the US. Is there any help out there - or do we have to wait and wait and wait?
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Don`t want to open another thread.

We finally got a new P300 Wheel delivered - now the Tires (258K63-2) seems to be unavailable. Tried all parts traders in the EU an most of the US. Is there any help out there - or do we have to wait and wait and wait?
    I get them from Chris Grinnell at Aerostar. Like to always have them on hand
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    They are in stock at aircraft spruce at this very moment!
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I had both main tires replaced at the FLL service center two weeks ago for $5,700. They were the only tires I could find. (Username Protected).