1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 65 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Hydraulic Reservoir Lubrication After Long Resting Time Service Letter

EMB issued service letter 500-29-0006 for aircraft that are sitting for long periods of time (defined as 3 days).
    Its a time consuming process that requires the engines to be running, wheels chocked, repeatedly turning off the hydraulic pump, fully pushing the brake pedals continuously for 3 minutes and repeating these steps a total of three times. So without a marshal, it also means shutting the engines back down.
    How many have experienced the low hydraulic pressure problem and has this been solving the issue.
    Does anyone know if this is an temporary fix until EMB resolves the lubrication issue?
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Yikes. 3 days is a "long period"? How frequent is this supposed to be done - before each flight after sitting idle for 3 days?

During the webiner last week they did spend quite some time on upcoming solutions for the hydraulic system, but I don't recall this issue.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 65 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    They are recommending after 3 days out of service.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Oops, I see that (Username Protected) already posted about this new SL. I just posted a couple of questions under SB/ADs. Does anyone know the answers to these:

1. Applicability: the SL states that it applies to the "EMB-500 (100E and 100EV)" ... does this mean that the SL does NOT apply to pre-"E" Phenom 100s?

2. Procedure: the SL states that engines must be running in order to perform the procedure. However, could we use a GPU as an alternative? I assume that the SL requires engines to be running in order to provide electrical power to the hydraulic system, but I believe that a GPU would also provide electricity to the hydraulic system, correct?
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    1. Applicability: the SL states that it applies to the "EMB-500 (100E and 100EV)" ... does this mean that the SL does NOT apply to pre-"E" Phenom 100s?
    I have not seen the SL, but in general E/EV and the pre-E Phenom 100s have very different hydraulic systems (due to the spoilers on the E/EV). So it likely only applies to E/EV.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I just took a look at the SL and I'm surprised by "3 days or more" being a "long resting time". Here is SL500-29-0006 which seems to only apply to 100E and 100EVs.

SL500-29-0006.PDF