1. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot

NetJets order impact on the value of Praetors

Does anyone have any opinions on what the NetJets/Embraer Deal will do to aircraft value?

I'm thinking short term (next 8 years) value will go up because there won't be as many delivery slots. Long term when the NetJets airplanes go on the used market, value will go down..

I have a March 2024 delivery, so perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

-(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I'm thinking short term (next 8 years) value will go up because there won't be as many delivery slots. Long term when the NetJets airplanes go on the used market, value will go down..
    (Username Protected) I think that is right. Overall this is great - more planes in the fleet, more typed pilots, more parts floating around.

NetJets have operated the Phenom 300 for 10 years now and as far as I know have no plans yet to sell the earlier serial numbers. Back when I was flying the P100 it was my dream to pick up a cheap ex-NetJets P300. Glad I upgraded in 2019 because I would still be waiting!

If the Praetor holds the same, they are probably not coming on the market until 2040 or so.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Yeah, my first reaction was, "wow, that's going to be good for the value of my airplane"! With Flex and NetJets sucking down so many P500s for years to come, and seemingly doing so because their customers prefer them, I think this bodes very well for the type and for Embraer. It could cause shortages for pilots and training time, and surely other negative effects. But I have to think it also gives suppliers from Honeywell on down to have confidence to invest in capacity, Embraer resources to invest in inventory and support, etc.

Me, I'll likely be dead by the time that those NetJets E545s hit the used market. So I'm not too worried about that angle. YMMV (Username Protected) ;-)
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    I've heard that a bunch of the flightsafety instructors have quit recently. It seems that training slots are difficult to get even for initial entitlements. I've been trying to schedule a training for a month with an answer of, "we'll get back to you." Seems like they need to figure out the pilot training capacity issue,.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    I was just down to FSI Dallas two weeks ago for a little bit of sim "play time". We heard then that 5 (!) instructors had left their St Louis program the previous week to join regional airlines. The instructors in Dallas that have medicals said that they are getting called literally daily by SWA, AA, and others to make the leap. Very worrysome situation.

I already have my 2025 recurrent scheduled, because slots for mid/late summer 2025 were almost entirely booked up already. Gotta be even more challenging for initials.

This doesn't help you right now, (Username Protected), but also an interesting factoid about this if anyone else is interested: One of my former Phenom 300 mentor pilots who is also EMB550 typed just checked with FSI last week about a recurrent session over the next couple of months. The standard recurrent program is 2 days ground and 3 days sim, M-F. No slots for that were available. But they offered him online training for the ground, and 2-day sim check. For that program, one needs to fly a standard check ride and not do the usual "progressive" checking that happens on the 3-day sim program. But given that their recurrent sessions are in the sim Wednesday-Friday, availability is much better on Monday/Tuesday (or weekends) to get sim time for a two-day ride.