1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

EOC'23: Critical Supply Chain Items and Fail on Fit Parts

At EOC'23 Embraer shared a list of Critical Supply Chain items and when they expect the demand and supply to be in balance. This list matches the feedback I have heard from operators.

Name:  Parts Critical supply chain.jpeg
Views: 1612
Size:  903.9 KB

In regards to "Fail on Fit" parts, ie parts shipped that are rejected by the customer due to failure at installation or premature failure, in March just 1.28% of parts were returned within 40 days. Due to the volume of parts shipped, that is still 31 parts which is inconvenient when it happens to you!

Embraer has implemented an tracking system on serial number basis, where if the same part is returned within 40 days it is put aside for extensive review.

Name:  parts fit and premature failures.jpeg
Views: 1595
Size:  739.5 KB

A cause of many parts delays in 2022 was the transition to the Davie warehouse. Embraer now reports that 99% of shipments leave on time.

Name:  parts davie.jpeg
Views: 1550
Size:  873.2 KB
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    They must not be measuring the "Fail on Fit" parts correctly. I personally have had four bad parts in the past four months.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I’d like to see some data on their inability to keep an adequate stock of parts that require a long lead time. Particularly when it involves items that are life limited. I wonder if their records aren’t cross referenced and tracked for when an aircraft has such items coming due for replacement so that lead time can be met and the part be in stock by the needed time. I’m still waiting on a fire bottle as every outside vendor option has fallen through. Embraer is now saying December to have a new one produced. I don’t care if it’s new, used with usable life left, re-certified, or whatever.

We were also one of many that had a standby pitot (0856UT4) failure in the last year. Availability was quoted as 4-6 months. We pushed for one from production stock and I believe that’s where it finally came from. I was astonished though when we made that request and were told that getting our jet out of a foreign country didn’t have priority over possibly delaying a new aircraft delivery.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I hope that PRSOV catch up is accurate... Just went AOG at KCOE with a Bleed 1 Fail (open).
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Make sure you check the intercooler while the PRSOV is removed. The guide vanes are breaking off of the original part number.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    It's nice to see Embraer actually tracking these issues with metrics. And even better than are now sharing that information with pilots.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    fwiw, Embraer was able to ship the LH PRSOV within a day (and the RH was showing next week availability in eParts), so hopefully they are indeed getting caught up on that part.
    Being installed now, just hope I don't end up with a bum part like (Username Protected)'s saga.