1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

120-month inspection and gear overhaul

Around this time next year, our 300 goes down for the 120-month and gear. Any of you who've been through that, I'd like to hear your service center recommendations both the good and the bad. I've been with this specific jet since just before the 60-month and we've used Constant, Stevens, and Embraer FLL over the years since. The caveat is we will likely do a full repaint and would like to do it at the same time, so of course a facility that is co-located with a good paint shop is preferrable.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Around this time next year, our 300 goes down for the 120-month and gear. Any of you who've been through that, I'd like to hear your service center recommendations both the good and the bad. I've been with this specific jet since just before the 60-month and we've used Constant, Stevens, and Embraer FLL over the years since. The caveat is we will likely do a full repaint and would like to do it at the same time, so of course a facility that is co-located with a good paint shop is preferrable.
    Elliott Aviation one stop shop.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    What level of EEC do you have?
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    What level of EEC do you have?
    We’re on Standard.
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I used Elliott and Turbine Rotables for the gear overhaul back in December 2021. Excellent service and pricing on both.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Couple of thoughts - Duncan is expensive but very good, West Star has a great paint shop and they have the gear contract. AeroStar in Dallas is great for the 120, the gear would go to AeroSpace Turbine Rotables (a GREAT shop) and paint would be elsewhere (potentially Corrigan in Hondo TX).
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Phenom Pilot
    I did mine last year. Was very pleased with Weststar CHA. Have also been pleased with Stevens GYH. For me, it was mostly just a location thing. I’ve seen some of their paint and it was impressive. Stevens did my interior when I bought the jet and it too is impressive.

The only frustration was with Embraer. We were down 95 days and 45 of those were just simply waiting for a part. The last part we needed was the belly fairing seal, was scheduled to arrive In December. We found and acceptable solution and were RTS with a 100 hour limitation. The seal mysteriously showed up 3 days after we were RTS!
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Westar CHA really was a let down for one of the Phenoms I'm associated with. Mainly staffing issues and poor communications. My 10 year was done elsewhere, but Westar's gear shop did the landing gear on schedule and with no hiccups -- so don't associate their gear overhaul capabilities with their other Embraer maintenance. Your main issue is going to be Embraer being a total shit-show for parts. We were down 6+ months when it really should have been under 3...

So that's going to create a bit of a problem when it comes to you wanting to paint. Most facilities are booked out well in advance; if you're stuck waiting on parts, how do you possibly schedule it? Needless to say, I pushed paint until 2024.

Reminder, it's a great time to do any interior refresh work since everything will be out for the inspection. Or if you wanted to tint your cabin windows. Add USB outlets in the cabin. etc
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Westar CHA really was a let down for one of the Phenoms I'm associated with. Mainly staffing issues and poor communications. My 10 year was done elsewhere, but Westar's gear shop did the landing gear on schedule and with no hiccups -- so don't associate their gear overhaul capabilities with their other Embraer maintenance. Your main issue is going to be Embraer being a total shit-show for parts. We were down 6+ months when it really should have been under 3...

So that's going to create a bit of a problem when it comes to you wanting to paint. Most facilities are booked out well in advance; if you're stuck waiting on parts, how do you possibly schedule it? Needless to say, I pushed paint until 2024.

Reminder, it's a great time to do any interior refresh work since everything will be out for the inspection. Or if you wanted to tint your cabin windows. Add USB outlets in the cabin. etc
    Disappointed to hear that about Weststar as they will likely be one of the top candidates if we try to do the one-stop shop. I'm wholly expecting to lose the jet longer than expected due to parts as it's been a common theme with Embraer. Hence, we're going to discuss moving the 120 up to an earlier period where they would experience less disruption to the flying schedule. Most of shops will send the jet to paint on dummy gear once it's removed and the inspections and bulk of discrepancies accomplished. I still can't believe we don't have an engine fire bottle after it being on order since about 20 March. Jet is grounded starting Monday and the target date for availability keeps moving out.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 23 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    The Phenom 100 I used to fly had the 120 month inspection done at Clay Lacy in Van Nuys, CA. I was less than impressed with their cus(Username Protected)er service. Several logbooks entries were done incorrectly (hours & cycles were wrong), and they asked me as the pilot to fix them. There is another gear overhaul logbook signoff that they still have not gotten resolved after nearly two years.

If you’re on the west coast do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.
  11. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    West Star CHA suffered a lot of turnover post COVID and are trying to stabilize. Their head Embraer guru, who used to manage the Embraer demo fleet, is now at Jet East. West Star GJT still a good option.