1. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Researching Phenom 300

Post EJOA!! Who's going?

Hey All!

I hope everyone has been well and the flying has been good! Some of us at Summit Aviation will be going to EJOA, and I wanted to reach out on here to see who else is going so we can meet up face to face and talk airplanes! Let me know!
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I will be there Monday afternoon through Thursday.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I will be there Monday afternoon through Thursday.
    Heck Yeah!
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    What's the difference between the May 1-2nd Embraer Jet Operators Association Annual Conference vs the Embraer's Operators Conference (EOC) starting May 3rd? If I can only make 1 or 2 days, are there some that are more relevant for owner/operator networking?
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    May 2nd is EJOAs day put on "by the owners". They have a welcome session, keynote speaker, insurance and safety sessions, and a very nice dinner with a live auction. Pretty similar to the Phenom Pilots' Events.

May 3rd and 4th are Embraer's days, you can see the agenda here:

https://cloud.comms.embraer.com.br/EOC2023

I usually get the most out of the Embraer days since they have information only the OEM can provide, but all are great. The Embraer social event on the 3rd are usually fun and very social, more so than the Live Auction dinner.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    I will be there for Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

(Username Protected)
    N685AS
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Ryan Scott, Timon Huber and I will be there for jetAVIVA Monday through Thursday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I'll be there Sunday evening through Thursday.

Let me know if anyone is up for some recreational tennis (if we can find a court nearby) or perhaps a run.

Looking forward to it!
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Maintenance Provider
    I would be awesome if Embraer would make this Operators Conference available to all owners and operators by webinars. Send invites then if you are unable to attend you can register for this EOC 23 event then login and watch it live from a computer from anywhere.
  10. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Unfortuanately, I will be at CAE during the conference. Please let us know if this year was an improvement of prior years and has relevant content for SP owner operators.
  11. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    See you Monday to Thursday Morning.
  12. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I cannot make it to EJOA this year. Please somebody ask Embraer how they are going to finally improve the EEC parts program. This has been a constant complaint for the nearly 10 years I've owned a Phenom. As some of you have seen, I recently posted about my PRSOV saga that was a direct result of getting two faulty PRSOVs in a row costing me thousands in wasted labor and untold aggravation. Recently, I have been having issues with my Fuel Control Panel, again. My original fuel panel display became intermittent. I replaced the fuel panel with an EEC provided "repaired" unit and departed on a long trip to South America. Almost immediately that panel also failed. Now I am back for maintenance and EEC sends me MY ORIGINAL FUEL PANEL (Username Protected)ed No Trouble Found! Fortunately my maintenance provider was wise enough to check the serial number before he spent my valuable money installing the broke-ass panel. To top it off, my GDL59 SATCOM also failed during the SA trip. The replacement “repair” unit was bad out of the box.

Update - the 2nd replacement GDL59 was opened. The unit was dirty and the cooling fan caked with dust/dirt. The tech installed it anyway and it wouldn't even power up.
  13. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I cannot make it to EJOA this year. Please somebody ask Embraer how they are going to finally improve the EEC parts program. This has been a constant complaint for the nearly 10 years I've owned a Phenom.
    I second this. Seven years continuous in the 300 and I’ve yet to see a significant improvement. The corporate department I worked for prior to my current private owner had continual issues with “bench checked good/returned to stock parts” that would compound the problems already present. The CVDR we received last week was the same case and luckily it works for now. Embraer would not allow the one from our jet to be sent out for repair, but we were provided with one that wasn’t actually repaired, is older, has earlier software, and not as up to date on modifications. The paperwork stated that the fault was cleared and now checks good, but the customer declined both updating software and modifying to current standard. That customer is Embraer.

We’re still waiting on an engine fire bottle nearly a month and half on. Jet is grounded as of yesterday and I finally got an answer as to possible availability after weeks of repeatedly asking. It will likely be December if a new one has to be made. No other options have been offered at this point. We likely wouldn’t be in this situation had the service center ordered when they were supposed to last year and if Embraer properly planned for items they know are must replace, time limited parts. This bottle apparently set on a shelf for a full year before it was installed on a new production aircraft, hence why it requires replacement when the jet is only 9 years old.

Every OEM has their problems and occasional supply chain issues. Talking to the CP’s and mechanics of several of the other departments at our home base, it sounds like they don’t have to fight nearly as hard to keep their G’s, Falcons, and Bombardier products going.
  14. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I cannot make it to EJOA this year. Please somebody ask Embraer how they are going to finally improve the EEC parts program. This has been a constant complaint for the nearly 10 years I've owned a Phenom.
    (Username Protected),

Here is what Embraer shared at the event regarding parts and failures. https://www.phenompilots.org/threads...9784#post59784
  15. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    On the emergency battery pack, first item, see my earlier post. Aerospace Turbine can repair.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    This was my first EJOA/EOC. As someone new to the event, I was quite impressed with the warm hospitality, openness and professionalism shown by the Embraer team. Maybe my impression was partially influenced by confirmation bias, but in any case, it was quite reassuring and inspiring.

I also enjoyed catching up with other owner pilots who were able to make the event. The tribal knowledge among our ranks is truly impressive. Thanks to (Username Protected) for running these forums where we can stay in touch and share that knowledge between our fun get togethers.
  17. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I agree. EMB has made significant progress in the last year. I give them credit for showing their actual performance metrics against where they were last year. I'd like more on safety and operation similar to CJP. And as an operator and MRO, I do wish they would open their supply chain up which would solve much of their inventory issues. Great social event on Wednesday--first class.
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) and others, thank you for these updates.

Was anything mentioned regarding:

1) How are the landing gear overhauls going? Are they catching issues? Is there a chance the interval between overhaul could be extended again?

2) Was there any updates on the Low Utilization Inspections on the PW600 series engines? Are they finding issues (mainly corrosion) on these LUI’s, HSI’s, or OH’s?
  19. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    1) How are the landing gear overhauls going? Are they catching issues? Is there a chance the interval between overhaul could be extended again?
    It was not a hot discussion topic this year. No talk of an extension. They have more sets of exchanges in the rotable pool.

2) Was there any updates on the Low Utilization Inspections on the PW600 series engines? Are they finding issues (mainly corrosion) on these LUI’s, HSI’s, or OH’s?
    Nothing mentioned other than it is a requirement after 12 years of service, every two years.