1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

Phenom 300 Initial Training

Hi! I've been booked for initial training for a Phenom 300 in a couple of months. A bunch of manuals have been sent to me but can't seem to figure out where to start. Last jet I flew was Airbus 320 fam, I was wondering if there are flow patterns similar to those in Airbus for SOPs. Any info on where to start would be appreciated.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 5 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I went to initial 100 type rating back in the fall. I fly a 100 EV with the G3000 FMS (same as the 300). I have about 50 hours in the plane now and it really is a straightforward plane to fly. I expect the 300 to be the same. CAE has modules to complete prior to going to class. I would focus on the G3000 as much as possible and get comfortable with that. Ground school should teach you all you need to learn.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I don’t advise anyone to try and teach themselves SOP ahead of time on any airplane as it tends to result in negative learning and more time re-learning it the correct way. Embraer has stopped providing the SOP guide in the ePubs unless you pay extra for it. Unless CAE is providing it in their initial course materials, you may not even see one until you go to class. Like you probably had to do the with the Airbus, memorize your ops limits and memory items before showing up to class. That’s the biggest thing within your control and the one thing that must be 100% in the oral. After that, do the CBTs that have to be completed before your class start date. If you’ve got systems questions or anything else related to the jet as you do those, ask them here in this post. There’s a lot of great experience here that’ll help explain anything you’re not quite grasping.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    CAE will give you access to a ton of materials. But really what you need to concentrate are the memory items and limitations. Don't expect to make sense of them, just memorize them. The classroom instructors will focus on systems with you. Since you've already learned limitations and memory items before you got there, you won't have to stress at all during the course.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Researching Phenom 100
    With regards to Initial Training for the Phenom 300E specifically, are there any recommended training centres outside the US?
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Thank you all for your replies!
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hello, new member just getting started with the 300 in a couple of months. Been digging around regarding initial training, CAE backlog, in plane training, insurance requirements. Been speaking with CAE and they are saying maybe Jan 2024 in Dallas for first availability as of today. Also stated that they are not booking 300 training at their Las Vegas location right now. Our insurance guy doesn't think we can get approved for in plane training for an initial but needs to investigate. Anyone have any up to date info on the CAE backlog? If it is an option, simulator vs in plane for an initial? Any other options? Thanks in advance.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Ask your CAE contact if you can do the training at Simcom. CAE has an agreement with Simcom that if there is no availability at CAE that a pilot can train at Simcom. I was in your shoes in February of this year. Trying to find an initial training slot and being told that there was no slot for a year. I was able to get a training slot at Simcom in Orlando in June. They normally only train Flexjet pilots there on the Phenom 300 but they had a lull and took me and another part 91 guy. I thought the training was very good. I was impressed with the program.

The contact at Simcom who was able to get me scheduled was Jim Orehosky: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Hello, new member just getting started with the 300 in a couple of months. Been digging around regarding initial training, CAE backlog, in plane training, insurance requirements. Been speaking with CAE and they are saying maybe Jan 2024 in Dallas for first availability as of today. Also stated that they are not booking 300 training at their Las Vegas location right now. Our insurance guy doesn't think we can get approved for in plane training for an initial but needs to investigate. Anyone have any up to date info on the CAE backlog? If it is an option, simulator vs in plane for an initial? Any other options? Thanks in advance.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Insurance Provider
    (Username Protected)-
    One thing that might be helpful is to secure a written statement from CAE concerning their backlog and first available. I would then suggest your broker can use that statement when negotiating with the underwriting companies on using an in-plane training outfit like Shepherd Aero or Norton Aviation - both of which most insurers recognize and can approve in certain situations in lieu of CAE for your initial type rating. In some cases the underwriters can be flexible to permit an in-plane type rating followed by CAE recurrent at a predetermined time.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 22 times
    Insurance Provider
    In-aircraft will depend on the underwriting company. All of them can approve In Aircraft on a case by case basis. Do you have relationships with any of these insurance companies from previous aircraft? That's usually the place I would start. If not, the most common companies that will approve In Aircraft initial is W Brown, IAT, QBE, and maybe Starr. Make sure your broker really highlights your experience and specifically other twin turbine single pilot experience.

Also we have a total of four new insurance aviation companies that have entered the (Username Protected)et in 2023 which many owners will appreciate.