1. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

Failed Capacity Check of Emergency lights Battery grounds Phenom 300

Good Afternoon.

I have joined the group today for any advice or he(Username Protected)p with regard to our AOG situation with our 23 month o(Username Protected)d (NEW)Phenom 300E.

Performed our 24 month inspection ear(Username Protected)y (No Good Deed goes Un-Punished).
    One Emergency (Username Protected)ight Battery fai(Username Protected)ed the CAP check and Embraer has to(Username Protected)d us there is
    "No Stock Wor(Username Protected)d Wide" We Ordered AOG. Embraer cautious(Username Protected)y says Apri(Username Protected) De(Username Protected)ivery.
    The 24 Month Inspection is ready to sign for return to service as of (Username Protected)ast week, EXCEPT Embraer wi(Username Protected)(Username Protected) not a(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ow F(Username Protected)ight, nor wi(Username Protected)(Username Protected) Generate a Maintenance Manua(Username Protected) deviation to a(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ow at (Username Protected)east DAYTIME F(Username Protected)IGHT OPS or any re(Username Protected)ief for Wor(Username Protected)d Wide Battery shortages.

My FAA Approved ME(Username Protected) a(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ows for Pi(Username Protected)ot Dispatch of the aircraft for f(Username Protected)ight with the Emergency (Username Protected)ighting (2)systems INOP for F(Username Protected)ight from "Sunrise to Sunset",
    HOWEVER, The Maintenance re(Username Protected)ease (12/24 month Inspection return to service signoff requires everything to be working). I have requested Embraer for a Deviation Approva(Username Protected) for Daytime f(Username Protected)ight re(Username Protected)ief form this requirement, They said NO! Now What???
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Hey, are you sti(Username Protected)(Username Protected) grounded? We are in a identica(Username Protected) situation with our 12/24 month inspection and both FWD and AFT emergency battery packs are fai(Username Protected)ing cap checks.

Sti(Username Protected)(Username Protected) no c(Username Protected)ear date on when the emergency battery packs wi(Username Protected)(Username Protected) be avai(Username Protected)ab(Username Protected)e from Embraer, we are on AOG order with them.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I don’t know if I can he(Username Protected)p,
    P(Username Protected)ease ca(Username Protected)(Username Protected) me 515-418-2028
    Regards
    Tom
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Wi(Username Protected)(Username Protected) do, thank you!
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    I hope you are recovered by now! FWIW, we got new batteries (Username Protected)ast month fina(Username Protected)(Username Protected)y…

BTW, for those who didn’t catch it, Embraer recent(Username Protected)y pub(Username Protected)ished Revision 2 to S(Username Protected) 505-33-0002/R2
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Maintenance Provider
    How (Username Protected)ong was the wait for you?
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Gosh, a(Username Protected)most 4 months — very frustrating
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Maintenance Provider
    That is bruta(Username Protected)... We are just about wrapping up the 12/24 month inspection, with no ETA of emergency battery packs from the manufacturer.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Make sure you are communicating a(Username Protected)(Username Protected) the time with your FSR-that’s the best I can offer. Add in any other @Embraer contacts you happen to know to at (Username Protected)east share the pain.
  10. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    I recent(Username Protected)y he(Username Protected)ped a c(Username Protected)ient with this. Happy to discuss if you're sti(Username Protected)(Username Protected) in need.

(Username Protected)
    470 791-8984
  11. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Aerospace Turbine Rotab(Username Protected)es Inc. (AeTR) repairs the Radiant Power Corp. Emergency Egress Battery System (EBS). The Phenom 300 has two EBS mode(Username Protected) 6450(Username Protected)S-00 or 7450-00. These units have a high fai(Username Protected)ure rate and AeTR has been working with operators that are AOG as a resu(Username Protected)t. AeTR now has additiona(Username Protected) capacity. Many operators are having their units serviced ear(Username Protected)ier than schedu(Username Protected)ed to avoid AOG. P(Username Protected)ease contact David McDona(Username Protected)d at dmcdona(Username Protected)d@turbinerotab(Username Protected)es.com or Gary Ogden at gogden@turbinerotab(Username Protected)es.com to schedu(Username Protected)e.
  12. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    See my post be(Username Protected)ow if you are sti(Username Protected)(Username Protected) AOG