• No

0 0%
  • Maybe

1 12.50%
  1. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300

FlySto.net avionics log software for Phenoms

Hello, my name is (Username Protected) and I’m a pilot and part of the FlySto crew. I registered here related to researching the PH300E for another occasion (unrelated to FlySto) and recently a fellow Phenom Owner and FlySto.net user suggested I introduce FlySto to you. I waited a little bit with the intro until we finished implementing full support for the PH100 and PH300, which is now complete.

FlySto is a modern, innovative and sophisticated software for your avionics log-files processing.

Flight data monitoring, analysis and visualization are just some of the use cases possible with FlySto. It’s also simply cool and fun to interact with one’s flight data.

Developed by a passionate team of pilots and software developers, FlySto is fully operational and you are very welcome to sign-up and upload your logs and use FlySto while we continue to add functionality and further develop it.

We will also launch an accompanying website with more background information, supported avionics, key features and FAQs. in a couple of weeks.

We are committed to offer the flying community the most advanced avionics log analysis solution available, allowing pilots, owners and operators to gain valuable insights into flights and allow everyone to keep learning and improving using modern data tech.

So how does FlySto work and how can you use it?

It’s really simple. Download your avionics log files from an SD-Card in the top right Garmin MFD slot, sign up on www.flysto.net, upload your logs and enjoy.

The respective avionics guides & manuals have more information on data logging. We will announce a solution to upload logs automatically via mobile cell data (without the manual log download hassle using SD Cards) soon as well.

Some key features of FlySto and some visual impressions follow below.

You can batch upload as many logs in one go as you desire, though it might make sense to divide uploads by years for best results (unstable internet etc..). Initially FlySto will ask you to assign these logs to an aircraft or create a new one. Subsequent logs are auto detected and assigned to previously your chosen aircraft. If you upload logs from a different aircraft, FlySto will again ask you to assign the logs. It is really easy.

Example shown below:

After uploading logs, FlySto detects an unknown aircraft...
    Name:  7-aircraftsetup1.png
Views: 1573
Size:  54.5 KB

..and asks to create a new aircraft in your account.
    Name:  8-aircraftsetup2.png
Views: 1582
Size:  62.6 KB

Choose your applicable Phenom Jet model in the dropdown list to complete.
    Name:  9-aircraftsetup3.png
Views: 1553
Size:  88.8 KB

Principally, FlySto only needs the Vs0 speed to process the data, however we are adding dedicated aircraft profiles to provide e.g. actual vs POH take off/cruise/landing performance comparisons. As mentioned above, we already have a PH100 and PH300 profile. So adding Vs0 would only apply in case you have other aircraft and want to upload those logs as well. Most of the functionality is available for any aircraft, the profiles are not required. Since we support PH100 and PH300 with dedicated profiles, you get the advanced features as well.

You can also easily share single logs with others (using the "share" button or copy pasting the browser URL) which will strip some details (date, aircraft name/n-number) or enable to share an aircraft with all its logs with another FlySto user.

After uploading your logs you will see a neat flight list with all your flights. You can customize the columns to show whichever information you desire.

Clicking on a flight in the list opens the flight with all its details. There’s a flight summary pane on the left, which also segments the flight into flight phases (Departure, Arrival) and touch & goes. Clicking the magenta track line anywhere on the map expands the 2d map view to show a vertical profile as well and changes into replay mode with adjustable playback speeds.

Screenshot 2D Map
    Name:  1-2dmap.png
Views: 1640
Size:  3.58 MB

Departure includes take off performance analysis. Arrival includes detailed analysis of approach and landing including again performance. For touch and goes or patterns there is a comparison view.

Screenshot 2D Map - flight segment "Touch-and-go"
    Name:  2-touchngo.png
Views: 1617
Size:  3.37 MB

Screenshot "Pattern Comparison"

Name:  3-averagepattern.png
Views: 1390
Size:  1.90 MB

Screenshot Landing Performance

Name:  6-landingperf.png
Views: 1379
Size:  521.4 KB

A row of buttons located at the top center of the main map view allow switching between 2D, 3D, Profile, Cockpit and Graph views. All views are automatically adjusted to show your selected flight phase.

Screenshot Cockpit View

Name:  4-cockpitview.png
Views: 1431
Size:  3.14 MB

A powerful feature is the ability to create warning rules for all kinds of operating parameters, ranging from airspeed to engine temperatures and more. Warnings will be highlighted on the flight summary pane and can be clicked to show them on the map or in graph view.

Screenshot Warning Rules

Name:  5-warningrules.png
Views: 1353
Size:  1.59 MB

For those of you who like to record videos there is a feature where you can upload a clip e.g. of a landing and upload it. FlySto will sync it to the corresponding log and add an instrument overlay. See a sample here https://www.flysto.net/logs/j0c8k13h...s/0?view=video A gopro or even just a smartphone mounted stationary and in direction of flight works well enough.

We hope you try, use and enjoy FlySto as much as we do.

A lot of passion went into its development. FlySto is free and our goal is to create a sustainable solution longterm that is continuously developed and improved. Our current plans to achieve this are to offer a gracious amount of yearly “log hours” for free to enable everybody to use it and then assure sustainability by charging a fee for those requiring more resources, however that hasn’t been decided yet as we continue to focus on improving and adding functionality for now.

Your feedback is valued tremendously by us. Please send any thoughts to me, “the resident pilot”, (Username Protected)@flysto.net or use the quick feedback button within FlySto.

Happy to answer any questions and thanks for your time,
    (Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    We have our TBM 940 connected to FlySto and the amount of data and visuals are really incredible. It's awesome quite frankly. I'd encourage all to use it now that it's being brought to the Phenom.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    All, I have been using FlySto for over a year with my Phenom 100 and there is no other site I've found that comes close. Please participate in this incredible site. It is extremely easy to use. The more Phenoms (100's and 300's) the better!
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I've been using flysto for more than a year as well. Amazing tool to analyze your flying with incredible detail and beautiful visualizations. Highly recommended!
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Here's a link if anyone wants to see how a flight in FlySto looks like. Not a Phenom, but you'll get a good idea nonetheless: https://www.flysto.net/logs/746tma2o?view=2d
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Just started using FlySto and just uploaded all of our Phenom 100 logs and the amount of data and organization is mind blowing. I especially like the Flight Warnings and how you can customize them to your liking. I went in and fine tuned all the values for when something should be a yellow warning or a red warning based on the data from the last 2 years we've owned the airplane. The Warning configuration tells you how many flights met such a condition so you can see if the values you put in make sense to be alerted about. It might be nice to compare what values are most useful, especially with Oil Temp/Pressure/Touchdown speed etc and maybe come up with some common numbers to know when something is out of whack. I'm happy to share what I fine tuned over using the data from my last 71 flights.

I'm sure this tool won't always be free, but I highly recommend checking it out, it's fantastic seeing data in the aggregate. Some highlights:

Speeds
    Average TAS: 320kts
    Average Cruise TAS: 382kts
    Block Speed: 265kts (Not sure how this is calculated)

Average Fuel Flows
    Airborne: 840 lb/h
    Cruise: 863 lb/h
    Ground: 271 lb/h
    Entire Flight: 755 lb/h

Average Distance Fuel
    Air Distance: .37 nm/lb
    Cruise: .44 nm/lb
    Entire Flight: .33 nm/lb

Touchdown Speeds
    Minimum: 87kts
    Maximum: 110kts
    Median: 95kts

It also tracks your last fuel on board amount which is nice in case you forget to write it down before you deplane. This is a data nerd's dream app.

(Username Protected)-
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Great post, inspired me to add suggested default warnings to aircraft type profiles. Another item added to backlog

Regarding „not always be free“ please see our website www.flysto.net/home where the faq says:

FlySto is very impressive, but how much does it cost?
    FlySto is free of charge for your log uploads amounting to a generous number of flight hours per year. To make FlySto's ongoing development and improvement sustainable in the long term we will offer paid subscription plans for processing large amounts of data as well as advanced functionality.

Besides always staying free for all historical and a tbd albeit meaningful number of yearly hours, what I can say already is even the top tier yearly subscription price with all the bells, whistles and features will only amount to what are a few minutes of running a Phenom‘s engines.
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    In case anyone else wants to fine tune their warnings, these are the ones I've come up with so far. Basically I found the values for each by bracketing the values until I found flights where I exceeded them and either used the value where there was only 1 or 2 exceedance flights or non exceedance flights depending on what I thought made more sense (and in some cases added a little buffer).

One I'm still playing around with is a custom warning on IAS to alert if touchdown speed is above 100kts. There's no filter to specify that, so I've tried to create one manually.

But here are my warnings for the P100:

Name:  1. Approach.png
Views: 1030
Size:  117.2 KB

Name:  2. Autopilot.png
Views: 1039
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  3. Baro.png
Views: 1035
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  4. Bank Angle.png
Views: 1034
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  5. Descent Rate.png
Views: 1040
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  6. Fuel Imbalance.png
Views: 1027
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  7. Heigh AGL.png
Views: 1033
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  8. IAS.png
Views: 1020
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  9. ITT.png
Views: 1023
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  10. N1.png
Views: 1022
Size:  57.8 KB

Name:  11. N2.png
Views: 1024
Size:  58.7 KB

Name:  12. Oil Pressure.png
Views: 1016
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  13. Oil Temperature.png
Views: 1028
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  14. Taxi.png
Views: 1022
Size:  68.5 KB

And here is the updated IAS Warning with the makeshift Touchdown Speed Warning:
    Name:  8b. IAS.png
Views: 1017
Size:  77.5 KB

Not sure how much this influences the numbers, but we tend to fly the plane for a lower altitudes for higher IAS which may impact some of the engine and oil numbers.

HTH,

(Username Protected)-
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Nice list (Username Protected). In addition to the ones you have, I have these warnings for my EV:

Name:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.05.11 AM.png
Views: 1031
Size:  62.1 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.06.10 AM.png
Views: 1001
Size:  35.3 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.07.05 AM.png
Views: 1026
Size:  34.4 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.07.17 AM.png
Views: 1019
Size:  35.0 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.07.28 AM.png
Views: 1021
Size:  35.9 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.08.24 AM.png
Views: 1024
Size:  53.0 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.08.44 AM.png
Views: 1027
Size:  140.4 KBName:  Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.09.12 AM.png
Views: 1008
Size:  26.2 KB
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    This is a kind invitation to all of you to visit FlySto at our booth during EAA 2023 at OSH. We are here (booth 828) https://goo.gl/maps/K8DEGGZ1eqaSForAA

We can talk FlySto, flyin' airplanes, especially Phenoms all day long and I'd be very curious on firsthand PH300E intel!
    Thanks and looking forward to meeting,
    (Username Protected)
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    FlySto update:

Weather Radar overlay
    https://www.flysto.net/logs/q87xbsy2?view=2d

Also we included traffic for the flags so you can set your own thresholds.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 12.28.40.png
Views: 233
Size:  2.81 MB

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 12.28.31.png
Views: 222
Size:  1.21 MB