1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

300 Training

Hi everyone, first post here.

I’m just wondering if anyone could provide any information or links to buy any phenom 300 training material. POH/AFM you name it. CAE is so backlogged that I’m on the waitlist. Of course that means I will get short notice and no prep time nor materials prior to my initial in the 300. Been flying a premier for years, excited to step into the 300.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

Ask CAE to send you their training documents reader - it will have all the POH/AFM/Systems training manuals inside it. Let me know if you have any issues.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I appreciate the reply!

I asked them for access to training materials and got the reply

Training material does not become available on the app until the training is booked and confirmed unfortunately

Which is what prompted me to explore other resources. Any advice on that one? The slot I have confirmed is January 2nd 2024 and waitlisted for a spot earlier as of now.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I found the CAE material difficult to study from. There’s an old CAE Phenom Systems manual from 2013 available online I downloaded for free. It’s pretty good, and even while I was training at CAE, I referenced it often to clear up questions the “official” CBT material did not present well. I also recommend the Quizlet flash cards for self-study. PM me with your email address and I’ll send you some of my study files. Free, better than nothing, and will help prepare you for when you do get the slot.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Where are you based? I have some flip cards that I could get to you. Really, you just need to have memory items and limitations down before class. The rest will be taught. You’ll really correlate it during your first recurrent. Also, if you are in need of a mentor I am a full time contract/mentor pilot on both the 100 and 300. I was one of the original instructors when the planes were still experimental. I’d love to teach you the ins and outs of these amazing planes. 8179038152 or [email protected]
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Does anyone have actual experience being on the CAE waitlist and getting into training? I’m on the list for the 300 as of this week and wondering what to expect on how long the wait could be, how short of notice to expect, etc? I know it’s dependent on cancellations but any insight would be appreciated.

Also if anyone would like to comment on CAE vs in-airplane type. I’d prefer to do CAE.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    If you’re on the waitlist for first available you could get a call Friday for a class on Tuesday or it could be six months. There will be a cancellation, it just depends on how far down the list you are. As far as in-aircraft training, make sure you check with your insurance. A lot will charge considerably more or not accept it all together. (Username Protected) with Wings will know much better on this topic. I trained in serial 3 on the 300 and serial 3&4 on the 100 because we didn’t have sims yet. There are advantages to both. There are simply things you can do in the sim that you just can’t safely do in the plane. Then again, there’s nothing like flying the real thing. Insurance will most likely be the driving factor. Please keep me in mind for mentoring and contract needs. It is extremely beneficial to have even a little bit of experience in the plane before going to the sim. Good luck!
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Insurance Provider
    Thanks (Username Protected) and you are spot on - sometimes the insurance can be inflexible and completely disconnected with the reality of the training backlog at CAE. In certain cases underwriters may approve in-aircraft training with Shepherd Aero, Norton or other trainers but that will need to be negotiated upfront with the underwriting company. I have found it useful to have an email from CAE stating the class backlog that my client wants to get into - I will send that verbatim to the insurer and in most cases they can approve a work around that allows in-aircraft training in lieu of sim - oftentimes they will just issue a requirement that the recurrent session needs to be done in the sim or something along those lines (if the in-aircraft training session was for an initial). As is typical with insurance nothing is one-size fit all so be sure and discuss this topic with your broker specific to YOUR policy and YOUR specific underwriting carrier's requirements.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected), I would be interested in the old CAE materials as well as Quizlet links as I found one Quizlet stack that is good but found a few that were not. Thank you, Chris (Username Protected) (cs(Username Protected)@mac.com)
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    [QUOTE=(Username Protected);59301]I found the CAE material difficult to study from. There’s an old CAE Phenom Systems manual from 2013 available online I downloaded for free. It’s pretty good, and even while I was training at CAE, I referenced it often to clear up questions the “official” CBT material did not present well. I also recommend the Quizlet flash cards for self-study.
    Could you mail me the material?
    @ (Username Protected)(Username Protected)[email protected]
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Hello, could you email me the material. Thanks (Username Protected). G(Username Protected)[email protected]