1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100

After market fuel caps- Phenom 100

Does anyone have experience with using non Embraer fuel caps for the 100?
    The plane currently has the standard fuel caps that do not allow the key to be removed in the unlocked position. A pain to give the keys to the fuelers, and more so if one is ordering fuel when not present at the aircraft (I know, PIC should ideally monitor/supervise/observe refueling…but, for those rare cases when one cannot)
    I have seen fuel caps for sale on various online sites but have no idea if those will fit or not and if they do, how they lock etc…If anyone has purchased acceptable ones, please share make, model etc..
    some have suggested ‘breaking’ the end of the key in the lock and leaving the caps unlocked…not ideal if you are frequently south of the border or in remote places and I hate the inability to lock them if needed for whatever reason.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I do not think that a non-Embraer fuel cap would make the plane airworthy. Since fuel caps are required for flight, they would need to be certified with Embraer.

Alternatively, you could put a spare fuel cap key in the baggage oil compartment for those instances you will not be present for the fueling. Just make sure it gets put back!
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) - its really easy to pick the locks open and then they'll be open forever. Remove the cap and wiggle the key until cylinder moves to the open position (push in and pull out slightly and turn). I have the factory locks and they're always in the open position.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Interesting, our fuel caps must have that mod because they don't lock automatically. That would be a big pain. I don't know how to tag someone on here and if this works @Jeff Gorman but he must have done it and it's great.

(Username Protected)-