1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 300

Contract pilot rates Phenom 300

Hello, I was hoping for some assistance in gaining a better understanding of contract pilot rates. I was a commercial pilot for most of my career, but started flying a Premier 1A for a gentlemen about 6 years ago. I fly single pilot, manage the aircraft, but he pays me a daily rate instead of a salary. We typically fly around 200 hours per year.

He just sold the Premier and purchased a Phenom 300. He wants to continue paying daily and asked for input on what that should be as we move into a slightly larger aircraft. Does anyone have information showing the daily rate of contract pilots (primarily those who fly single pilot)? He does pay for my annual training as well as a $2,000/mo management fee. Thanks!

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Every situation is unique and this one is no different. The market supports a day rate of $2000-$2500/day and I’ve seen management fees all over the place depending on what services are provided. The fact that he pays for training is somewhat irrelevant as he would have to pay that either way to have a full time pilot. That is just the cost of owning a plane. I think you’re correct in charging the market day rate of $2000. I do think your management fee is on the low side from what I have seen. With all of that being said, if you ever need a contract pilot to cover you please keep me in mind. That’s what I do full time.
    [email protected]
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected)-
    Ditto (Username Protected)’s comments on your day rate and management fee. I am also a full-time contract pilot, let me know if I can ever help you.

(Username Protected)@highercallingaviation.com
    904-631-0153
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Adding on to also agree with (Username Protected)- at least $2000/ day for the flying is reasonable.

For the management, 10 years ago $2500/ mo was reasonable for a light jet. So agree again that $2000/ month is low. I'd ask $3000 myself min if I was looking at the situation.