1. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

RVSM and MEL manuals

I contacted aviationmanuals.com for a quote on D195 MEL and RVSM, and it sounds like several others have had good experiences with them. I thought I'd see what the wisdom is.

Do you get the annual subscriptions for procedure updates? At $1,300, I wonder if this is necessary, or if you just get a new manual from time to time, since new manuals aren't all that much more than the subscription.

I was also going to wait on getting a SAFA manual until I go to Europe (if I do someday), and I'd welcome any thoughts on whether people sign up for those.

Thank you!
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I contacted aviationmanuals.com for a quote on D195 MEL and RVSM, and it sounds like several others have had good experiences with them. I thought I'd see what the wisdom is.

Do you get the annual subscriptions for procedure updates? At $1,300, I wonder if this is necessary, or if you just get a new manual from time to time, since new manuals aren't all that much more than the subscription.

I was also going to wait on getting a SAFA manual until I go to Europe (if I do someday), and I'd welcome any thoughts on whether people sign up for those.

Thank you!
    I did for my International Ops Manual but they discounted it by half. Not for the MEL or RVSM (unlikely to see many changes there). I did the SAFA manual, it is a thorough 158 page document that I hopefully never need to use. I did have to send some quite a few pictures of the plane cockpit and interior for it.