1. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Researching Phenom 300

Post Happy Veterans day and Winter ops!

Hey All! First off, Happy Veterans day and thank you to all who have served!!

Its snowing up in Montana which make me personally super happy! I would love to hear about your tips and tricks that you have learned flying the Phenom in the winter to makes ops safer? Or if you would share a cool story about flying in the winter.

Here is a photo of a flight I did last year departing out of GPI, We were able to depart out of the low vis on the ground and get about the weather to some spectacular views!
    Name:  IMG_3499.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  1.40 MB

Also if you or someone you know is looking for a 300E, Please reach out to me at (Username Protected)@flysummit.net!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Stupid question from a relative Phenom 300 rookie, but is there an altitude/airpseed/TAT combination where engine anti-ice is not necessary? In most other aircraft I've flown, when you get to -40 SAT, engine heat is no longer considered necessary because ice crystals don't adhere to anything. In fact, I remember a couple aircraft where you HAD TO turn off engine anti-ice to prevent damage to the inlet guide vanes. We all know that the WHSAIS inhibits at 30K, but I've seen nothing that allows turning off engine heat at higher altitudes and lower temperatures. Realize this is a chat forum, so not official guidance, but I'm curious why we're still running engine heat when there's no potential for engine inlet icing.