Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Sounds promising....we bought an airplane with an L3 avance Go-Go unit, it works alright. However, it's only $105/hour of use (no monthly fees etc)....seems hard to justify StarLink pricing unless it's a fair amount less than mentioned above.
    Obviously, the initial costs to install a GoGo Avance system may be more than starlink comparatively.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Sounds promising....we bought an airplane with an L3 avance Go-Go unit, it works alright. However, it's only $105/hour of use (no monthly fees etc)....seems hard to justify StarLink pricing unless it's a fair amount less than mentioned above.
    Obviously, the initial costs to install a GoGo Avance system may be more than starlink comparatively.
    I doubt that gogo L3 works outside US and let you connect to the internet at 200mbit+ speeds, for real I don't belive on it. Starlink (Username Protected) eat them in a while.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    If they come out with an owner operator plan more inline with Marine then I think they (Username Protected) have a huge winner.

(Username Protected)-
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pilot
    No the speed definitely isn't that much, but at $2K/month (most Phenom 100's I'm aware of under private ownership fly maybe 150 hours yearly) it's really hard to justify that amount unless they are super into a netflix series they can't put down
    I would tend to agree that if there is an owner/operator plan be more in line with marine or at least GoGo power by the hour type costs, they'd see a lot more people in our category get it. Of all the 100's I've flown for private owners only 2 even had wifi capability, and only 1 finds it worth paying the $105/hour for. I sure hope in flight internet gets cheaper over time, I'd love to have it on more of them.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 48 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Sounds promising....we bought an airplane with an L3 avance Go-Go unit, it works alright. However, it's only $105/hour of use (no monthly fees etc)....seems hard to justify StarLink.
    Gogo now 5h min:
    After carefully considering your feedback regarding our hourly plan changes going into effect on February 1, 2024, we have decided to make some adjustments to better align with the needs and preferences of our customers.

Key changes to our hourly plan policy:

• Monthly Minimum: The new minimum commitment is set to 5 hours per month.
    • Roll-Over/Banked Hours: Customers now have the flexibility to roll over up to 5 unused hours per month, up to a maximum accumulation of 15 hours.
    • Roll-Over Expiration: It's important to note that roll-over/banked hours must be utilized within a 12-month period from when they are banked.

We believe that these changes (Username Protected) provide you with more flexibility and better suit your individual needs. We are committed to continuously improving our products and services based on your feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to serve you better.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 19 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I agree with the sentiment from (Username Protected). If they achieve their goal of disruption in the space by significantly lower costs, I think they have a home run. At $2,500/month, it's just another high cost internet provider with (to be fair) better performance.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    Starlink does have the global coverage. I only operate 10% of the time in the continental USA so that's key. GoGo isn't even an option. (... until they launch Galileo).
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    I would likely pay $105/hour so nobody bothers me when I'm flying for 2 hours LOL
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom Pilot
    (Username Protected), have you had any further success? I'd like to try this setup for our upcoming trip to South America.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12