1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Jet It plans to add 44 Embraer aircraft to its HondaJet lineup

TL;DR Jet It plans to add 35 Phenom 300s and 9 Preator 500 by 2025.

They took a dig on their current HondaJet reliability. “HondaJet availability over the last four months has been less than 50%, greatly challenging our business. Needless to say, business operations to support 120% demand with only 50% of required inventory is extremely difficult. Therefore, the need to diversify the fleet and transition to a new platform. With demand at an all-time high, we are anxious to transition our fleet and operations to a new product line of Embraer aircraft. The Phenom 300 and Praetor 500 are proven to have airline-like aircraft availability and reliability, which will allow Jet It to return our innovative business model to the profitability observed in previous years.”

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ndajet-lineup/
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    What do you make of ‘availability’ <50%? It’s hard to believe that’s 50% prevalence of ‘no dispatch’ issues canceling planned flights, maybe sounds more like extended periods of downtime waiting for parts? We toured a Honda Jet while shopping and I loved the cabin, but it just doesn’t look quite right from the outside…and there are no 11 yr old ones available for those interested in lower acquisition cost
  3. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I am not sure, but yeah probably waiting on parts. Not sure why they felt it was necessary to "air the dirty laundry" in public though. For a while pre-Covid Gen 1 Honda Jets were dirt cheap, but they have since recovered.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I heard stories of HondaJet unreliability when shopping for the Phenom, including stories of < 50% dispatch rates due to back-to-back-to-back issues and parts delays. I figured it would be straightened out by now, but apparently not. Too bad, because it's a great plane on paper and the new one looks even better.
    Of course if Embraer doesn't get it's part situation sorted, it could end up in the same boat (even if it's baseline reliability is better).