Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Performance Calculations

Does anyone have some sort of Excel / tool to calculate the takeoff and landing calculations like in the QRH they could share?
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    You can use the myPhenom app (free with Phenom Pilots membership)
    Phenom Performance Calculator for iPad
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    As (Username Protected) said, don’t waste your time with Excel when the MyPhenom app is both free and fantastic.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Agree, The Phenom App works great!
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Hi,
    indeed the « myPhenom app » is very good!Name:  D61569F3-A56B-42F1-9BD5-AB9D50AA4BBC.png
Views: 3137
Size:  740.0 KBName:  D61569F3-A56B-42F1-9BD5-AB9D50AA4BBC.png
Views: 3137
Size:  740.0 KB
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor

Takeoff and landing calculations

I agree with all of the posts but if you want the best calculations that will also take into consideration the terrain around the airport that you are departing and landing then you need to subscribe to the aircraft performance group, iPreflight. It gives you accurate numbers based on the terrain around you. The data from the books and the free app will set you up for a serious problem should you loose an engine and should there be terrain in your area. iPreflight is around $150/month and it is well worth every penny that you spend. https://www.flyapg.com/. I can prove to you under many instances where you can be overweight for your takeoff and landing with the free app. Thanks.

(Username Protected)
    http://globalaircraft.us/
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Hi (Username Protected),

thanks for this info!

(Username Protected)
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 63 times
    Other Services Provider
    While I'm not with ForeFlight anymore, I have to give them a plug (especially since I was involved in the runway analysis and all other performance components). You'll find what you're looking for, including cus(Username Protected) one engine inoperative departure procedures. Yes, you'll need to subscribe to the Performance Plus tier of FF ($360/year plus $600/year for a Phenom 300 runway analysis license), but that alone is worth its money. Of course, I'm biased :-)

https://www.foreflight.com/products/...is-individual/

https://foreflight.com/buy/#/?upgrad...lysis_emb_p300

9. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thx for everyones input..
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hello,
    Is there any update capability for the myPhenom App? It is a great tool, but I noticed it has the wrong runway confuguration for KAUS (Austin-Bergstrom)

Thank You,
    (Username Protected)
  11. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Is there any update capability for the myPhenom App? It is a great tool, but I noticed it has the wrong runway confuguration for KAUS (Austin-Bergstrom)
    The database is included in the app, so I have to release a new version for any changes. Will take a look at it.
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    The database is included in the app, so I have to release a new version for any changes. Will take a look at it.
    Not sure how easy it is to do, but if any chance to make it available for both iPad and iPhone when doing the new release, that would be great! I find myself wanting to use it when away from my iPad.
  13. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    I am planning a flight from KCRQ in San Diego, CA to (Username Protected)couver,(CYVR) Canada in the P100
    it would be nice to do it non stop.
    looking at FLTPLAN.com, it’s a distance of 1056NM, including the GRIZZ7 arrival from EGRET, as suggested.
    At FL400, with a tailwind of 14Kts, temp of ISA +14, on average, it says: KTAS 329
    3hrs, 14mins
    fuel: 2070lbs
    At FL380, it’s 3hrs 03mins with a KTAS of 350, fuel 2180lbs

Has anyone done a fair number of trips in the Phenom 100 to the limit of its range?
    Anyone care to comment on accuracy of ForeFlight vs fltplan.com? There seems to be quite a difference in TAS and fuel consumption
    Any suggestions would be welcome.
    If one tries to go non stop and fuel looks like becoming an issue, what’s the best alternate(s) to have in the plan?
    BTW, same trip per ForeFlight is 1790lbs fuel???
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 23 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    (Username Protected),

I used Foreflight exclusively for flight planning over 300 hours and a lot of flights, short and (Username Protected). I had it dialed very accurately on the airplane I flew, a 100 (non-EV). Here’s some photos and a log from the route you listed using this morning’s weather at FL380. I tried to avoid anything above that if at all possible in the summer because of the potential performance degradation when close to gross weight.
    Attachments Attachments   
    Attachments Attachments
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor

3 hour flights in the P100

Hi (Username Protected),There are probably so many others that have more time in the 100 but at the end of the day, after 3 hours of flying with the 100, you should be looking for a place to land. There is that magic flight hour with the 300, the legacy, the Praetor and the Boeing 777 that you should be looking for a place to land after flying that number of hours. Your trip is totally dependent on weather and the distance of a qualified alternate. If the weather is clear skies with no limitations to visibility then thats one thing but if its marginal VFR at your destination and your alternate thats another. There is nothing wrong with landing at an airport that has two qualify runways with 600 pounds of fuel. What about one runway? What happens if a rain shower blesses your destination airport with a wet runway and the runway is ungroved and 4500 feet (Username Protected)? So many people file flight plans with no alternate which is (as far as I am concerned) not good planning. Do you legally need an alternate when its VFR. not really. What if the destination airport has one runway and its clear skies. Not according to the FARs do you need an alternate. Where is the closest airport to your destination airport with one runway at your destination? How much fuel would it take to get to the other airport after you find out on final that someone has landed gear up at your destination and the airport is closed? Are you going to land on the taxiway or plan enough fuel to go to an alternate airport?You can analyze all day (Username Protected) with winds, ISA temps, Takeoff weights, POH planning pages until you have paralysis analysis and you still dont know the answer when you shove the power up for your takeoff. Once you reach your altitude and see what the conditions are then you can compare it to the FltPlan.com flight plan and the Foreflight flight plan and see what fuel burns are. are you doing LRC or power set at Max Cruise? You have to totally depend on data from two other sources to tell what the future holds for distance traveled. The manufactures pride themselves on publishing a distance that their airplanes can go. Is it a real analysis? They add on a 30 min alternate and 45 min reserve which is a closer analysis.At the end of the day, your decision starts with the forecast weather not only at the destination but a(Username Protected) your route. Are you following the California coast line with ocean fog threats? Does you destination airport only have one runway and you will be landing with min fuel? Is you destination airport a major international airport with multiple airliners servicing the airport? if so expect a (Username Protected)er than normal final with multiple vectors. Are there alternate airports that you can dodge into to get last minute fuel( KBLI, KBVS,KPAE) ? Here is an alternative to the whole scenario. Stop enroute at a cheap fuel stop and land in (Username Protected)couver with 1.5 hours fuel on board. By planning this scenario, it will cost you a 30 minute fuel stop and you wont be sweating the min fuel scenario at a major airport with unknown delays. Always file for an alternate airport! Have a plan in case the weather unexpectantly goes from VFR to IFR. know your alternate airport as good if not better than your destination airport. If you have anymore questions or want to talk about it more call me 817.946.0012. Www.globalaircraft.us
  16. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    (Username Protected), (Username Protected)
    Thanks.
    all those are good thoughts and considerations.
    I have flown this route perhaps 60-70 times in the summer, mostly, but never in the Phenom.
    The eclipse I used to fly mostly required a stop and you are right. It was simple and much lsss stress to just stop, stretch, coffee up and land at YVR with good amount of fuel.
    Having gotten into the phenom, i was hoping (haha!), that I had moved ‘up’ in the world of aircraft with better cabin, (Username Protected)er range etc etc.
    It would appear not!
    Done the trip in a C172, C402, C550, Eclipse and a piston Lancair4P- Only plane that got there non stop was the Lancair4P at 300kts at Fl240 with one hour of fuel or even more spare most times. But of course, that plane Had other drawbacks.

I am curious if (Username Protected), you would do the trip today with the above numbers you posted?
    Thanks again, Gentlemen!
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 23 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I reran the fuel numbers at FL400. It would put you at 750 lbs landing at YVR. Assuming traffic flow into YVR is good, which it might be if weather is good, it could work. If something happens to delay your landing close to YVR then BLI is a good second option. However, you wouldn’t have really any fuel to delay. Alternatively, you could have a bailout point to go to BLI enroute if fuel, traffic, etc. wasn’t looking great.

If I was flying that trip I would almost certainly plan on a fuel stop enroute. I don’t like being in the airplane single-pilot for 3+ hours, and I always like to have 800 lbs of fuel at landing with no alternate or 650 lbs with an alternate.
  18. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    I reran the fuel numbers at FL400. It would put you at 750 lbs landing at YVR. Assuming traffic flow into YVR is good, which it might be if weather is good, it could work. If something happens to delay your landing close to YVR then BLI is a good second option. However, you wouldn’t have really any fuel to delay. Alternatively, you could have a bailout point to go to BLI enroute if fuel, traffic, etc. wasn’t looking great.

If I was flying that trip I would almost certainly plan on a fuel stop enroute. I don’t like being in the airplane single-pilot for 3+ hours, and I always like to have 800 lbs of fuel at landing with no alternate or 650 lbs with an alternate.
    Yes, BLI or PAE could be good fuel stops and just take the stress out. Plus, fuel is likely cheaper in BLI than CYVR and could take on more fuel with minimum need at YVR for waiving handling etc
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 16 times
    Other
    “So many people file flight plans with no alternate which is (as far as I am concerned) not good planning. Do you legally need an alternate when its VFR. not really. What if the destination airport has one runway and its clear skies.”

One thing to note is that Canada requires an alternate for all IFR flights regardless of the weather forecast at the destination. No option for a 2000/3 exemption like the US.

This often bites people doing an Atlantic crossing via Iqaluit/CYFB where the nearest paved runway alternate is more than 300 NM distant. Lots of short gravel runways closer, but that won’t work for most jets.
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected), I have done a LOT of stretched range flights in the 100 moving them around the globe and in North America. I have used both Foreflight and FltPlan.com. I find that Foreflight is the most accurate IF flown exactly as written. FltPlan is slightly conservative. Because of that I prefer FltPlan calculations because how often do you get to depart in the optimal direction, climb unrestricted to altitude, never get a single vector off route, descend from TOD using optimum descents with no level offs straight into the runway. I rarely fly at FL400 unless required for range (fuel is cheaper than Mx programs so speed over fuel burn keeps owners happy). LRC doesn’t help significantly but can make the difference if calculated FOB doesn’t match up with actual when I do comparison checks at each waypoint but the minute I start falling behind on calculated FOB I’m making alternate plans. A phone call to an enroute FBO and a radio call 10 minutes out usually gets me a 20 minute quick stop and doesn’t keep me awake at night.
  21. Username Protected

Thanked 5 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I had a 100 for many years and I am based at CRQ. I've made the trip to (Username Protected)couver about 4 times non stop, but only when the headwind did not exceed 20kts overall. With a tail wind it's a no brainer unless ATC keeps you low for an extended time on the climb. Keep the power setting at max continuous for the first 90 min. That also helps. The arrival into YVR keeps you pretty high until you get to Everett, so that helps (as compared to the Olympia 2 arrival into Seattle). Happy Flying!
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    My home airport is not in the database.
  23. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    My home base is not in the database.
    Is there anything I can do to fix it?
  24. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    My home base is not in the database.Is there anything I can do to fix it?
    What is the identifier for your home base?Do you have Jeppesen or Garmin database?
  25. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Thanks for replying!

I've got both Garmin and Jeppesen databases.

Icao id is SSIE.
  26. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Even a Web search can't find SSIE. Where is the airport? Sure correct code?
  27. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
  28. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Found it, also in Forelight. Might be not in as <5000 feet runway. (Username Protected) will have for sure a look on it. Database is somehow hardcoded in APP. Whether need also a fix, (Username Protected) is aware.
  29. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Appreciate!

We've got a lot of 3500 ft runways around.

Maybe it'd be better to open a window so we can fill out the runway data.
  30. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    We've got a lot of 3500 ft runways around.
    But not for Phenom's to land/depart safely from!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast