1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Non-Pilot

Apple TV 300E Airplay

Do any 300E owners know how to stream/airplay downloaded movies from your phone to the screens in the cabin?

I can get a recorded video to AirPlay but no movie whether it be downloaded from ITunes or Disney Plus etc.

I can also mirror my phone screen but it will not mirror any purchased or downloaded content.

I can not even make it play from a lightning to HDMI cord.

Downloaded Spotify music will airplay via Apple TV airplay or Bluetooth but no luck with any movie or TV Show

I know the plane came with a 2 TB external hard drive but Im not sure for what for.
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I don't have a 300E but it sounds like the plane doesn't support HDCP on the HDMI connection, which is required for purchased content.
    Are there any other inputs available on the plane? For example, if it has a composite input (RCA style plugs) you could use something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-3RCA-Com.../dp/B00ZJ2X6NC
    ...to convert the Apple TV output to Composite and it should work (although with some loss of quality).

There are also HDCP-stripping products that in theory would remove the copy protection, but those are generally unlicensed and YMMV.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Non-Pilot
    I will have to look to make certain, but I think that
    there Is only a HDMI & a USB connector.