1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Nose Gear Strut Low - Is this a safety issue?

After landing back in Henderson today, I noticed the nose gear strut is noticeably lower than it usually is. This seems to be an recent problem, I don't remember this being the case on other flights.

Is this a safety issue and how critical is it?

Name:  Nose Gear Strut.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  1.10 MB
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Front Strut

I had this exact same thing happen to me over time, and eventually it got to almost the same as your picture shows and being so short, the wheel would hit the rub plate in the wrong place and would not let the gear door close 100% and ended up showing gear retract CAS message. No damage or safety issue but a big concern when your flying with the gear down just to be sure there are not gear issues you can't see?
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), it is very important. Get it serviced promptly….
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I had this exact same thing happen to me over time, and eventually it got to almost the same as your picture shows and being so short, the wheel would hit the rub plate in the wrong place and would not let the gear door close 100% and ended up showing gear retract CAS message. No damage or safety issue but a big concern when your flying with the gear down just to be sure there are not gear issues you can't see?
    I saw the same thing in my 100. They kept putting more nitro in the strut to raise it and it would lower, turns out it was a bad valve that was slowly leaking in my case.
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for the tip. I dropped it off at Clay Lacy last night and it was even lower when I landed than I remember seeing it before. I'm going to have them add a leak check to the scope of work.