1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

CAE Vegas Sim

Just figured I'd share this - CAE just let me know that the new Sim in Vegas is going to be a Phenom 300-G3000, and it will open in February, though they aren't taking reservations for it yet.

I had originally read that it would be convertible between a 100 and 300, and maybe that's still true, but in any case, I'm bummed that it doesn't have my avionics. Guess I'm still going to Dallas.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Actually I enjoy doing my recurrent on the G3000, even though my daily is a G1000. It's really a great system to work with, and if you every have to hop in G3000 ship for something, you'll be ready. (I cover some G3000 birds here and there)
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 74 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    FWIW, I did both my initial and recurrent in a G3000 even though I fly a G1000Nxi. I had G3k experience from my Phenom, but it's not hard to use either way.
    Especially for recurrent (where you likely already know your own plane's avionics forward and backwards) I don't see any downside to using the G3000.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Interesting. For someone with no G3000 experience, how hard do you think this would be to pull off? The prospect of not traveling is a powerful one. Formal differences training? Just reading online the differences?
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Interesting. For someone with no G3000 experience, how hard do you think this would be to pull off? The prospect of not traveling is a powerful one. Formal differences training? Just reading online the differences?
    I did my initial and a recurrent in the G3000 sim with no prior experience. I spent an hour with an instructor on the G3000 simulator to learn how to load approaches and to setup my screens to look like the G1000. The reality is all you really need to know how to do is load approaches; not very difficult.
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    CAE confirmed that it is strictly a 300 and not convertible to a 100, like originally promised. Foiled again.