1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Fuel Cards

I was looking at my fuel purchases and noted a significant drop in CAA contract buys. In 2021, 32% of my fuel was purchased using CAA while 48% was direct to the FBO (Atlantic base, pre-negotiated). Thus far in 2022 only 24% of my purchases used CAA and 61% was direct to the FBO.

I have CAA, AVFUEL, EPIC, AEG, EVO (in order of use). I am considering TITAN, but only if there is a benefit. I dropped WorldFuel because they would not play with JetFuelX.

What fuel cards do you all carry and which one(s) do you get the most value?
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I just use Avfuel and Worldfuel. I'm probably 90% CAA however and only a small sprinkling of the other two (Vegas is about the only place I use Worldfuel). FWIW, with Worldfuel pricing, they e-mail me the CSV and I have a rule that forwards it to the JetFuelX e-mail address which imports it automatically.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Charter Provider
    Hello (Username Protected) - You may also want to consider Everest Fuel.

https://everest-fuel.com/

Safe flying!
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), how do you forward world csv to jetfuelx?
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    You need to set up worldfuel on the jet fuel x page: https://plan.foreflight.com/fuel
    Then if you go to import prices it should have an option at the bottom to import via email and it will give you a customized email address.
    You can forward the CSV file that worldfuel emails you to that email address and it will import the automatically.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    Hi, All.

JetFuelX and foreflight are totally broken as soon as you get outside of the USA for fuel prices.

(1) It doesn't consider part 91 or part 135
    (2) It doesn't deal at all with currencies or units
    (3) It's difficult to filter to find best prices among overlapping airports

I created this map. It doesn't have CAA or World Fuel. Currently just Everest, EVO and AEG.

I'm waiting to see if CAA will give me a CSV file I can use. I suppose I'm not going to be able to release that data publicly so I will have to anonymize it.

Note in the USA where foreflight dos work the major advantage you have is you can filter out the higher fuel prices and just look at (for example) < $4.00 per gallon airports. Really helps me pick stops for cross country trips.

Yes, there are a few airports that are incorrectly geocoded that have very low prices in the usa. Working on fixing that.

-(Username Protected)