1. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Stuck in Annual: no O2 Mask Box

Just heard from my service center (Eagle Creek) that my O2 boxes (part number 1186F6-23) are leaking and need replacement. However, Embraer doesn’t have any, and they can’t find any replacements anywhere. They said they have a few other planes with this issue.

Has anyone else run into this? Any good ideas? The plane is on EEC Enhanced — would opening an AOG ticket help?

Thanks very much!

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I would recommend you give the SJK Parts team a few days to work their options. I don't think AOG status would change availability on this part, since this is typically not an item that causes a "hard AOG" (ie getting stranded) so unlikely they have a dedicated parts pool. I also know one P100 that is parted out, will drop you an email.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Terrific! Thank you very very much, (Username Protected)!
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Just heard from my service center (Eagle Creek) that my O2 boxes (part number 1186F6-23) are leaking and need replacement. However, Embraer doesn’t have any, and they can’t find any replacements anywhere. They said they have a few other planes with this issue.

Has anyone else run into this? Any good ideas? The plane is on EEC Enhanced — would opening an AOG ticket help?

Thanks very much!

(Username Protected)
    Q; are the left and right pilot oxygen masks interchangeable or are they site specific?
    Part 91, single pilot, are you required to have a crew oxygen mask for the right seat if its not occupied? By extension, if you only need one mask that is unavailable…..you know where i am going with this==
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hey (Username Protected), that was my very first question to the service center. They are interchangeable, but they found leaks in both sides. Ugh!

The good news is that Chris Grinnell from Aero Star, aka the Phenom whisperer, has come to the rescue. Assuming the ones he has pass the leak check, I'll be back in business. Can't say enough good things about Chris!