1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 48 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

CAS Message Brake Fail P100

Had a brake fail CAS message after about 30 minute in air. Stayed on until landing, handbook was saying only emergency brake applicable but of course I tried normal brakes first. Brakes were working just fine as normal. Had anyone the same issue before?

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Brake Fail

(Username Protected): Over the past two months, I experienced the same thing, a Brake Fail CAS that would appear and the go away in flight. It happened a couple of times on the ground and I followed the procedure to reset. Last week on final to SAF, it came back and this time for real, no brakes on touchdown. CMC download indicated a BCU failure. My point is that if may be trying to warn you that an impending failure is coming, so be ready. Let me know if you want any additional info. Also might not be a bad idea to source a replacement part ahead of time. I got lucky with a reman unit, but they are scarce and expensive.
    (Username Protected)
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 48 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), Worked with maintenance on it. Looks so CAS message only, no maintenance entry as such. While taxing out today I trained my skills again in using the barking brake - Justin case. Flight today without any brake (CAS) problem. Is now at maintenance upgrade to NXi anyhow, they will check the BCU SW version. Also I‘ll forward your note, very helpful! Hope all went well at your landing.
    (Username Protected)