1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

International Registry

When I purchased my Phenom 300 last year Aerospace Reports strongly recommended that I register the aircraft with the International Registry. What they failed to mention is I would have to pay for this registration annually ($600). I did not register my Phenom 100 and do not recall that being a recommended "thing" when I bought it.

Looking into this it seems like title insurance. I watched their YouTube video and the 'economic reason' to register seemed like a bunch of legal double-speak about "your priority is protected by the Cape Town convention... "

Does anyone know more about this and are your aircraft registered?
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 26 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    If you registered your aircraft and engines when you purchased them - they are in the registry under your entity name until you un-register them. No other person or entity can change those registry records on your aircraft or engines without your permission.You do not need to keep your registry membership active while owning the aircraft. You will need to reactivate your registry membership to transact again - presumably to allow a registration transfer due to a sell transaction. So you can let your registry membership lapse until you sell - at which time you will have to pay the fee to activate for one year. Not really title insurance - more like a “locked title registration”. Do remember to keep all of your registry credentials - because they will be needed when you want to reactivate registry membership.
  3. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) is correct - I always let it lapse and don't pay again until the next airplane closing. You need the IR if you finance the plane for the bank to place a lien, otherwise not really.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks guys, that makes sense (sort of).
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    It was a bank requirement for me. I guess I must have missed whatever renewal request got sent, since it's been over a year for me. Hope I don't have it on auto-pay.