1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Factory Optional Equipment

Hello.

I am finalizing the equipment list for a new Phenom 300E for delivery next spring and have some questions about what to include or not include.
    It will be owner flown mostly in the states.
    An ADF seems unnecessary as the last ADF approach I flew was 20 plus years ago at Ft Pierce.
    Surprisingly, a second transponder is not recommended by Embraer in their "White Tails" equipment list, but I have always had two transponders. Are they so reliable that one is enough?
    The cost totals $80,000.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Congratulations (Username Protected)! That’s an exciting time. I’m with you on ADF’s. It’s been a few years since I’ve personally spec’d one out, but I would spring for the two transponders. It is something a lot of people look for when buying. I am a full time mentor and contractor on the Phenom 100 and 300 so if you need any help before or after the sale feel free to reach out. 8179038152
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I believe that an ADF is still required for Europe, just in case you are thinking about flying that direction. Definitely go with the 2 transponders.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Hi (Username Protected),
    Skip the ADF, but get yourself a Radio Altimeter instead! Something l sorely miss in a Phenom, after 40 years of flying heavy jets with them.
    (Username Protected)