1. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

How to fix G3000 Corrupt Jepp Charts?

Hello,

At times when doing an update to my charts, the new load will be marked as corrupt so I have to swap back and use the old chart version until another update drops. The new update seems to overwrite the bad one and I'm good to go. However, I have had 3 updates in a row that are not available as they are marked as corrupt each time they are swapped to active. (There are no errors updating the database, the error only comes when the database is made active.)

I have tried reformatting my SD card to see if that was the problem, but that hasn't done anything either. The next thing I was going to do is completely wipe all databases and reload on the aircraft, but that process will take over an hour. Does anyone know if there is a way to just delete the chart databases from the G3000 without wiping everything out? Or are there any other tricks to try get it to accept a new chart database?

Thanks,

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected)-
    I’ve seen this as well and found that it seems that it’s never just “one thing” that causes the corrupt database but can never seem to isolate that “one thing”. Very frustrating. As far as trouble-shooting, try erasing the data on the SD card, then reload. Once you reload, “lock” the data card so it is read-only. The other part in the trouble-shooting process that I found helpful is before you load the data from the SD card is to erase the databases in the jet via the GTC. I’m sure there are other “tricks” out there that guys have tried but these two seem to have worked for me.

(Username Protected)
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Just an update so that others hopefully avoid what just happened to me.

I have went a long time without getting a corrupt load and I attributed that to being diligent about keeping the card locked while doing updates. However my last update, even with a locked card, resulted in a corrupt database. No big deal I thought, I'm just taking a short flight to bring the airplane in for its 12 month maintenance work. I found out today that Duncan has spent 8 extra labor hours trying to install required software upgrades that won't take because of that corrupt chart database! Sounds like it took them most of that time just trying to figure out why the update wouldn't go in. Needless to say, I'm paying for those extra hours.

If there was just someway to delete a single database instead of the whole set, this wouldn't be such a big deal.