1. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

P300 10-Yr and LG OH Completed

I have P300 serial number 73 and it came out of Embraer FLL on March 18th after 11 weeks of service for the 10-year inspection and LG Overhaul.

The GOOD:
    No major problems after a month and about 25 hrs of flying. The only immediate squawk was a water leak in the roof of the main baggage compartment due to a faulty seal on the nut plate for a vertical stab bolt and EMB AOG as able to fix it in a couple of hours. I also had an intermittent BLEED 2 Fail and GPS 1 FAIL on start-up before a flight a few weeks after the service but both resolved on the ground after about 15 mins of engine runtime and have not reoccurred on subsequent flights. EMB FLL also (finally) solved a long-term (5 year) issue we had with the ECS duct air temp in the cockpit cycling up and down from full cold to full hot every 10 minutes or so.

The BAD
    Plane went in on Jan 3rd and was due back Feb 28th but West Star kept delaying the return of the gear so the final return was March 18th, 3 weeks late. Also there are greasy handprints on the headliner, sideliner and emergency door. EMB was not able to fully detail the plane before I picked it up so it will have to go back in to be professionally cleaned.

The UGLY
    West Star added $16,000 above the original estimate for unusable parts, most described as internal corrosion, but they provided no pictures or returned parts so it's just them saying we can't use this and charging more. These parts also drove the three week delay in getting the plane RTS.

The LAST WORD
    Overall, Mike Childs at EMB FLL did a good job keeping me up to speed on the progress and the issues as they came up and, as always, EMB did a nice job with the logbook entries. I've had some major issues after previous maintenance events and, despite being the biggest of all maintenance events, this one has turned out very good despite the extra time and expense. The Team at EMB FLL did a good job and took the time to make sure everything was done right.

Glad it's done and really glad it's only every 10 years!

Best,
    (Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

Glad to hear about your experience. I took my plane to Elliott last year and it was very similar, although I had $35k in extra gear corrosion. Delays on both the Gear and some Embraer parts turned it into a 2.5 months event. The major post inspection issue was a WOW FAIL that would occur sporadically after landing; after two MX visits Embraer FLL ended up changing the wiring harness in the wheel well and it is has been good since,
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    My aircraft is currently at Elliott in MLI undergoing the 10-year. I went with AV8's fixed rate for the gear. Have not heard yet about delays. I'll report back.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for the PIREP (Username Protected), these are helpful to the community.

AV8 did my gear on time but that was last summer, so fingers crossed they do the same for you (Username Protected)!