1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100

Phenom 100 NavData and MX Subscriptions

Hello Phenom Pilots! I am a new member (first post), considering the purchase of a Phenom 100 as an upgrade to the JetProp I have been flying for the last 3 years.

The aircraft management company I have been working with has included a line item of $13,161/year for NavData and a maintenance tracking system.

The breakdown for NavData is described as follows:

Jeppesen has an annual charges for the following:

• Obstacles: $645
    • Terrain: $507
    • SafeTaxi: $795
    • NavData: $2,006
    • Elect(Username Protected)ic Chart Services: $1,573
    • BaseMap: $369

With Tax Total: $6,411

I use Garmin for all the same digital updates for my JetProp: Obstacles, Terrain, SafeTaxi, NavData, Elect(Username Protected)ic Chart Service and Base Map. Yes, there are some differences between Garmin and Jepp, but the data all come from the same place. The total cost is $799/yr for the Garmin OnePak service for my JetProp. Of course my airplane doesn't have the Garmin G1000 system, but instead has a GTN750, GTN650 and two G500 displays, which I can't imagine is much different in terms of digital/navdata required. The Garmin website show a OnePak service for the Phenom 100 with G1000 avionics at that same $799/yr subscription rate. Am I missing something?

For maintenance tracking, the management company says they use CAMP Systems, described as follows: "a maintenance tracking system that allows us to keep track of what maintenance is required, what’s coming due and what maintenance has been done in the past on the aircraft. It provides immediate access to new material, revisions, updates and information on service-related subjects including service bulletins and airworthiness directives. Annual subscription: $6,750."

So the total is $13,161.

Does anyone use the Garmin OnePak service? And what about the Camp Systems service?

Thank you for any advice!

JD
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The CAMP pricing is about right, but database pricing seems very high. Better to buy directly from Garmin like you are doing with the JetProp, starting at $819/yr.

Obviously if you buy directly from Garmin you get their FliteChart approach plates on the MFD instead of Jeppesen plates, but I get those within ForeFlight for $199/yr.

Garmin has a few different packages depending on if you use Garmin nav data or Jeppesen nav data. I have only come across one airport that exists in the Jeppesen database but not the Garmin database - Guantanamo Bay.

Name:  garmin.png
Views: 1601
Size:  1.08 MB
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    (Username Protected) - Thanks for that information. Much appreciated.

JD
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), there are cheaper options than Camps as well. Check Traxall, and Flightdocs. They might be as much as half the price and do the job well of maintenance tracking
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

It sounds like (Username Protected) is going to have the airplane managed. If so, the management company may require CAMP as the tracking program, as it is the most common and likely integrated into their systems.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

Does Garmin no longer offer the option to buy Jepp approach charts through their packages? IOW, can you buy the Garmin pack and pay extra for Jepp plates?
  7. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Does Garmin no longer offer the option to buy Jepp approach charts through their packages? IOW, can you buy the Garmin pack and pay extra for Jepp plates?
    I think they let you link a Jepp account to the Garmin account, and install the Jepp plates that way. But I just looked and Jepp also offers reasonable pricing on their eshop, $847 for USA. If you want Jepp plates it is just another $143, but that includes both MFD and ForeFlight.

Full USA-w/o Charts $847.00
    Full USA PilotPak - Two Installs (so MFD + ForeFlight) $990.00

Americas-w/o Charts $968.00
    Americas PilotPak - Two Installs (so MFD + ForeFlight) $1,230.00

I also checked pricing for the Phenom 300 on Jeppesen (Garmin charges 4.6x for the P300 $4595.00 vs P100 $999) and was kinda pleasantly surprised on the options without charts. Maybe a glitch with NXi serials?

Full USA-w/o Charts $847.00
    Full USA PilotPak - Four Installs, no two install option $4,854.26
    Americas-w/o Charts $968.00
    Americas PilotPak - Four Installs no two install option $6,770

Assuming this holds, I could buy Americas-w/o Charts $968 via Jepp and FliteCharts USA $555 from Garmin and pay $1523 combined of $4595.00 via Garmin. Odd.

Worldwide Data via Jepp (w/o Charts) is $1,359.00 and $7325.00 on Garmin... Odder.
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    FYI It looks like the Jepp bundles w/o Charts does not include IFR/VFR Sectional Charts (NXi), so that is another $450.00 for Phenom 300.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    So, in any event, $6,411 looks way off. Maybe they charge an arm and a leg for installing the updates.

Thanks everyone!

JD
  10. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected), it is common for some management companies to mark up every line item. So take a look as you go through and make sure you’re clear on all the ways they are charging you.
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Hello Phenom Pilots! I am a new member (first post), considering the purchase of a Phenom 100 as an upgrade to the JetProp I have been flying for the last 3 years.
    Hi, (Username Protected),
    I've just bought Jeppesen data for $1471 + ForeFlight Subscrition Performance Plus with Phenom 100 runway analysis for $360 + $600 = $960 annual. It's for Phenom 100 NXi.
    That was for the US only. I assume you got a price for worldwide.

You can use this Jepp charts on 3 devices. It means you can link them to you ForeFlight account and use Jepp charts on ForeFlight, which I did. It can save you some money.

iPreFlight (other runway analysis provider was $1645 annually). I have iPreFlight and ForeFlight runway data for now to compare. You 100% need one of them if you fly a jet. ForeFlight is $600 as I mentioned above. It's a long story about the difference, ask if you need more details.
    I tentatively plan to stay with ForeFlight only at the end of the year.

The Traxall (CAMP analog) annual was $2750 + $250 (set up fee).
    I'm still waiting for a price for TechPub, which you also need (AFM, POH and other docs). It's also gonna be an annual fee.

I'm in the process of setting up a new aircraft right now, feel free to contact me if you need or want to share something. I also can share a crazy experience of purchasing .. current market prices, good contacts, etc.

And FYI the closest slot for training in CAE is Jan 2023. I think Phenom pilots should do something about this together.
    As an alternative (or in addition) I recommend you (Username Protected) as an instructor, he does absolutely outstanding trainings for Phenoms.

The list I got from Jeppesen:
    Digital Chart Services.Full USA.GAR/AVN/EA IFR.Mobile Devices.Coverage
    NavData.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.Full USA
    Airport Directory.AOPA.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.United States
    Basemap.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.Worldwide
    Obstacles.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.United States, Canada & Europe
    SafeTaxi.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.United States
    Terrain 4.9as.GDU SW v.2.00+.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.Worldwide
    IFR VFR Charts.Coverage.Garmin.G1000 NXi,Perspective+.G1000H NXi.United States
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    (Username Protected) - Thank you for all of that detail. I can see I have lots of homework to do!

JD
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    A small data point, my last bill for CAMP was $5175 for 1 year but I switched to Traxxall for the pricing (Username Protected) mentions above. I found Traxxall to be a somewhat easier user interface as well.
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected), our TechPubs renewal last year was $709, if that helps. Thanks for the detail in your post! (And welcome to the Phenom.)

One note on runway performance (I agree it is essential)--iPreflight allows 4 devices, where I believe Foreflight is limited to one user; for some that might be a factor.

Our numbers for CAMP and Jeppesen are very similar to what (Username Protected) posted -- I'm going to look at some of the options presented here in this thread (thank you).

(Username Protected)
    https://www.(Username Protected)aviation.com
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), thank you for the information.

ForeFlight allows 3 devices. Looks like they fixed all issues for Phenom 100 but I'm still comparing it to iPreFlight.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Hi (Username Protected), yes three devices. When I asked it was one user. That may be the difference?
    (Username Protected)
  17. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected),

That’s correct- 2 iPads and an iPhone or 2 iPhones and an iPad, but all must be same username/ account.