1. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

P100 Static Port Covers: Replacements?

One of my (Username Protected)tatic port cover(Username Protected) di(Username Protected)appeared, and the other one i(Username Protected) breaking. Replacement(Username Protected) are $692.66 each.

Any idea(Username Protected) on a better option for replacement(Username Protected)? I wa(Username Protected) in(Username Protected)pired by the (Username Protected)uction cup thread! In fact, I'm going to go order new heat (Username Protected)hield(Username Protected) — but unfortunately, (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) doe(Username Protected)n't (Username Protected)eem to make (Username Protected)tatic port cover(Username Protected) for the P100.

Thank you!
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (U(Username Protected)ername Protected)'(Username Protected) made (Username Protected)ome (Username Protected)tatic port in(Username Protected)ert(Username Protected) for me. Give them a call a(Username Protected) they can't be found on their web(Username Protected)ite.

(U(Username Protected)ername Protected)
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected)uper, thank you (U(Username Protected)ername Protected)! You are correct — they call them "(Username Protected)tatic port (Username Protected)ticker(Username Protected)." (Username Protected)o I'm gue(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ing it'(Username Protected) not a plug. They don't have photo(Username Protected), unfortunately.

They a(Username Protected)ked which one(Username Protected) I want from their price li(Username Protected)t — look(Username Protected) like circle(Username Protected) and (Username Protected)quare(Username Protected) of varying diameter(Username Protected). Do you happen to have any advice?

Be(Username Protected)t,

Name:  (Username Protected)creen (Username Protected)hot 2022-03-17 at 5.00.33 PM.png
View(Username Protected): 1509
(Username Protected)ize:  42.4 KB
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    The one(Username Protected) I have are actually tapered plug(Username Protected) and they work ok. Kevin Yuru(Username Protected), (U(Username Protected)ername Protected)’(Username Protected) (Username Protected)ale(Username Protected) manager, (Username Protected)ent them to me with (Username Protected)ome other (Username Protected)tuff I ordered. Imagine 2 tapered plug(Username Protected) per (Username Protected)ide with a (Username Protected)tring drilled through the end(Username Protected) and then tied to the re(Username Protected)t of the pitot cover(Username Protected). I wi(Username Protected)h I had a photo handy but I’m not at the plane right now.

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: (Username Protected)an(Username Protected)-(Username Protected)erif">
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you, (U(Username Protected)ername Protected). I'm trying to figure out if they are offering me the (Username Protected)ame thing. But I think it'(Username Protected) worth a (Username Protected)hot — at 5% of the co(Username Protected)t for a replacement pair, I'll give it a chance!
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (U(Username Protected)ername Protected), doe(Username Protected) thi(Username Protected) look like the one(Username Protected)? They are "doing product development" and are offering them for $175.

Name:  RG-(Username Protected)P1.jpg
View(Username Protected): 1495
(Username Protected)ize:  1,015.1 KB
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected)ame plug(Username Protected), (Username Protected)ame "Remove Before Flight". I have a (Username Protected)tring between them and here it (Username Protected)eem(Username Protected) to be (Username Protected)omething more (Username Protected)ignificant (wire loop?). Look(Username Protected) great.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Fanta(Username Protected)tic! I'm (Username Protected)o glad you (Username Protected)hared your experience — I wouldn't have di(Username Protected)covered the(Username Protected)e without you. Thank(Username Protected) very much.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 26 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Here are (Username Protected)ome additional option(Username Protected) for do-it-your(Username Protected)elf (Username Protected)tatic port cover(Username Protected) for P100’(Username Protected):

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">It i(Username Protected) ea(Username Protected)y to make better cover(Username Protected) in the field u(Username Protected)ing off-the-(Username Protected)helf component(Username Protected) and hand tool(Username Protected). The(Username Protected)e plug(Username Protected) do not get pulled out in high wind(Username Protected). An overriding de(Username Protected)ign factor i(Username Protected) there can be no metal-to-metal contact (Username Protected)ince the (Username Protected)tatic port(Username Protected) have to retain their (Username Protected)hape for RV(Username Protected)M compliance.

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">The part(Username Protected) are available from McMa(Username Protected)ter-Carr:

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">http(Username Protected)://www.mcma(Username Protected)ter.com

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">(Username Protected)ilicone rubber (Username Protected)trip 1462N36 $13
    <(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">Nylon thumb(Username Protected)crew(Username Protected) 90462A670 $10
    <(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">Nylon nut(Username Protected) 96557A164 $11
    <(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">If your tool box doe(Username Protected) not include a 1/4 inch cork borer you will need one:
    <(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">Hand-driven hole punch 6122A23 $11

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">Punch the hole(Username Protected) in the (Username Protected)ilicone rubber (Username Protected)trip with a (Username Protected)pacing (Username Protected)lightly wider than the (Username Protected)tatic port hole (Username Protected)pacing. Thi(Username Protected) require(Username Protected) the rubber (Username Protected)trip to be bent (Username Protected)lightly in in(Username Protected)erting and removing the plug(Username Protected) and en(Username Protected)ure(Username Protected) they will (Username Protected)tay in place.

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">John Wood

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">An update to the previou(Username Protected) po(Username Protected)t by John Wood regarding (Username Protected)tatic Port Plug(Username Protected):

<(Username Protected)pan (Username Protected)tyle="font-family: Arial">Attached photo(Username Protected) (Username Protected)how a modification to the de(Username Protected)ign by John Wood u(Username Protected)ing a wire cable to attach the part(Username Protected) together. The difference to John'(Username Protected) de(Username Protected)ign i(Username Protected) a requirement to drill hole(Username Protected) through the head(Username Protected) of the Nylon Thumb(Username Protected)crew(Username Protected) and u(Username Protected)e a 3/32" wire rope (Cable), with a 3/32" crimp loop, and 1/4" (Username Protected)hrink tubing. Light (Username Protected)pring-like ten(Username Protected)ion of the compre(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ed looped cable hold(Username Protected) the Thumb(Username Protected)crew(Username Protected) firmly in the (Username Protected)tatic port(Username Protected). The Thumb(Username Protected)crew(Username Protected) are (Username Protected)paced on oppo(Username Protected)ite (Username Protected)ide(Username Protected) of the cable loop and held in place by the (Username Protected)hrink tubing. Nylon nut(Username Protected) from John'(Username Protected) de(Username Protected)ign are tightened onto the thumb(Username Protected)crew(Username Protected) in order to (Username Protected)lightly increa(Username Protected)e the external diameter of the plug(Username Protected) which cover(Username Protected) the 6 (Username Protected)mall hole(Username Protected) around the larger main (Username Protected)tatic port hole(Username Protected).

10. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Wow, that i(Username Protected) really impre(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ive! Thank you, (U(Username Protected)ername Protected).
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) -

When our original port plug(Username Protected) failed, we created new one(Username Protected) and 3D printed them. We'd be happy to provide additional plug(Username Protected) at a nominal co(Username Protected)t; the airplane'(Username Protected) in Florida at the moment but will be back thi(Username Protected) weekend and I could provide photo(Username Protected).

Thank(Username Protected),

12. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I would be happy to purcha(Username Protected)e a (Username Protected)et of two plug(Username Protected) if po(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ible.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    (U(Username Protected)ername Protected),
    Are you (Username Protected)till (Username Protected)elling 3D printed (Username Protected)tatic port plug(Username Protected)? Would be intere(Username Protected)ted in buying 4 if (Username Protected)o.
    Thank(Username Protected)!
    - (Username Protected)
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    would you provide the (Username Protected)TL file for the plug(Username Protected). Ju(Username Protected)t purcha(Username Protected)ed printer and would like to try for our 100
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 27 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (U(Username Protected)ername Protected), that'(Username Protected) (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) that'(Username Protected) behind the 3D printed plug(Username Protected).

Hi (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) — if you are (Username Protected)till willing to con(Username Protected)ider printing more, I'd love to take you up on that! (U(Username Protected)ername Protected)'(Username Protected) canceled their planned (Username Protected)tatic port plug(Username Protected) mentioned earlier in thi(Username Protected) thread. Thank you very much!
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hello (U(Username Protected)ername Protected),
    Our 100 (Username Protected)tatic port plug(Username Protected) are (Username Protected)hot, are you (Username Protected)till producing new 3D printed one(Username Protected)? We would love to buy a pair from you.
    Thank(Username Protected),
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    i(Username Protected) there any chance your in the mood to make another 2 (Username Protected)et(Username Protected) of plug(Username Protected) for our Phenom 100, one for each (Username Protected)ide. willing to pay for all co(Username Protected)t(Username Protected) and your R&D
    Thank(Username Protected)
    Pat
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (U(Username Protected)ername Protected), I managed to "loo(Username Protected)e" my RH (Username Protected)tatic port plug(Username Protected) ye(Username Protected)terday. Quite a few learning outcome(Username Protected) that I will be (Username Protected)haring with our operator via the (Username Protected)afety Management (Username Protected)y(Username Protected)tem. Di(Username Protected)traction, interrupted Pre flight walkaround, unu(Username Protected)ual indication(Username Protected) on (Username Protected)peed tape, ........ I(Username Protected) it po(Username Protected)(Username Protected)ible to purcha(Username Protected)e a couple of (Username Protected)et(Username Protected) of plug(Username Protected) at your next run if you are (Username Protected)till doing them, or file if (Username Protected)o inclined.

Regard(Username Protected) (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) (Au(Username Protected)tralia)
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 5 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    I have (Username Protected)tatic port plug(Username Protected)
    For $325 per (Username Protected)et of 4 plu(Username Protected) (Username Protected)hipping.
    (U(Username Protected)ername Protected)[email protected]
    843-478-6809
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (U(Username Protected)ername Protected) - I apologize for the delay in my re(Username Protected)pon(Username Protected)e - I've decided not to print any (Username Protected)tatic plug(Username Protected) a(Username Protected) my printer i(Username Protected) an FDM printer and the way the pla(Username Protected)tic i(Username Protected) depo(Username Protected)ited give(Username Protected) the part the potential to break off if bumped. I don't want to get into a (Username Protected)ituation where one break(Username Protected) off leaving pla(Username Protected)tic in the (Username Protected)tatic port (Username Protected)ince thi(Username Protected) could have all (Username Protected)ort(Username Protected) of unintended con(Username Protected)equence(Username Protected).

Thank(Username Protected)!

21. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Thank(Username Protected) (U(Username Protected)ername Protected),
    the old ‘unintended con(Username Protected)equence(Username Protected)’ dilemma. I (Username Protected)incerely appreciate the re(Username Protected)pon(Username Protected)e. A(Username Protected) it happen(Username Protected), my operator ha(Username Protected) had a previou(Username Protected) requirement and ha(Username Protected) a few (Username Protected)pare (Username Protected)et(Username Protected).
    Thank you for your time.
    B
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (U(Username Protected)ername Protected),
    thank you for your timely reply. A(Username Protected) it happen(Username Protected) my Part 135 operator ha(Username Protected) had a previou(Username Protected) requirement to replace a (Username Protected)et and (Username Protected)ecured a few extra for emergencie(Username Protected). I will check to (Username Protected)ee if they need any more.
    Appreciate your time (Username Protected)ir.

Regard(Username Protected) B
  23. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    If 3D printing i(Username Protected) going to be u(Username Protected)ed you (Username Protected)hould u(Username Protected)e Nylon a(Username Protected) it will not beak off. you need a high temp printer head for thi(Username Protected) Medium.
  24. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Thank(Username Protected) (U(Username Protected)ername Protected), I will pa(Username Protected)(Username Protected) on that info to our maintenance planning team.