1. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot

Opera

Hello,

Does anyone have a working copy of OPERA for the Phenom 300 that they can share on here?

I don't intend to use it for practical day to day use, but am trying to verify the performance numbers coming out of the GURU2 app to use that with confidence. The copy of Opera that I downloaded from mytechcare is now asking me to insert a CD to enable it. Comparison with the simplified charts doesn't allow to me compare like for like, so errors are creeping in and the differences are growing.

Alternatively, can anyone suggest another way of verifying an app for commercial use?

Thank you
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I would compare it to APG or just simply the POH volume 2. APG will be the best as they have an airport database and give runway slope and obstacle. OPERA does not have that information unless you insert it. If you call iPreflight and ask for a trial, they would possible let you try it for a week or so. Foreflight may do the same with their Analysis.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected), you can download OPERA from techcare.embraer.com, under Flight Operations, click on Download - the remainder of the path is shown below:

download_center > Executive Jets > Flight Operations > Performance Software > Phenom 300 > OPERA > FAA

(Username Protected)
    https://www.(Username Protected)aviation.com
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Has anyone been successful getting OPERA to work on a Windows 11 (Username Protected)hine after downloading it as (Username Protected) suggests? I tried it over the weekend and it appears to install correctly but gives a runtime error about a missing TPanel class in OPERA.exe.

Thanks.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected), this is a long shot.... See if it is looking for this file -- I haven't used OPERA for years, but I know I had to have this 'OPERA_MEDIA.ID' file for it to work. I don't remember details of that, sorry. I see this forum limits allowed extensions for attachments, so I will try to send you privately.

Another thought occurs to me -- Embraer's recent two-factor authentication instructions specified Windows 10; that might be a clue that OPERA may have issues with Windows 11?

good luck,

(Username Protected)
    https://www.(Username Protected)aviation.com
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Hi (Username Protected). The zip file from myTechCare does include that file.
    I saw this post after I replied to your PM and I was confused about which file you were referencing.
    The Contact Center says they're having their software folks look into it.
    Thanks,
    (Username Protected)
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Update: the Contact Center confirms that OPERA is not compatible (not yet homologated) with Windows 11.
    (Username Protected)
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Has anyone been successful getting OPERA to work on a Windows 11 (Username Protected)hine after downloading it as (Username Protected) suggests? I tried it over the weekend and it appears to install correctly but gives a runtime error about a missing TPanel class in OPERA.exe.
    Probably best to run a Windows 7 Virtual (Username Protected)hine, that is what I do for OPERA and the Garmin G1000 Simulator.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Probably best to run a Windows 7 Virtual (Username Protected)hine, that is what I do for OPERA and the Garmin G1000 Simulator.
    That could work for many but I don't believe Windows 7 will run on the new (Username Protected)s with ARM (M1 etc) processors. That was the case last fall, anyway. Parallels may have expanded their list of supported OSes since then.
    (Username Protected)
  10. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    That could work for many but I don't believe Windows 7 will run on the new (Username Protected)s with ARM (M1 etc) processors. That was the case last fall, anyway. Parallels may have expanded their list of supported OSes since then.
    (Username Protected)
    Give https://(Username Protected).getutm.app a try and let us know if it works. UTM does old school "emulation" instead of virtualization, so slow but should be sufficient to run OPERA. I am going try to find a Win 7 ISO and give it a try on my (Username Protected) Studio.
  11. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
  12. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Success, OPERA v16 running on a M1 (Username Protected) via UTM/Windows 7 Emulator

Name:  opera.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  645.5 KB

To get OPERA over the Virtual (Username Protected)hine, after unzipping the OP505FA535Ev16.0 folder I created a DMG file using Disc Utility > New > File from Folder. Then in Terminal convert it to an ISO.

hdiutil makehybrid -iso -joliet -o OP505FA535Ev16.iso OP505FA535Ev16.dmg

Once you have the ISO file you can mount it in UTM, and it will pass the "Verify Disc" during install step too.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Ha! Excellent. I will give it a try. Thanks, (Username Protected).
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Et voilĂ , merci!
    Name:  Opera.png
Views: 1409
Size:  542.9 KB