1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Phenom 100 Runway Excursion KDET

A Phenom 100 suffered a runway excursion in Detroit this afternoon. According to a local news outlet the runway conditions were "slippery" due to ice.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/275633
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ort/6847710001

A private jet slid off a runway at Detroit City Airport Friday, but no injuries were reported, a city official said.

Just before 1 p.m., according to Jason Watt, director of the airport, a twin engine jet was attempting to land but the pilot had been advised that runway conditions were slippery. The pilot decided to proceed with the landing and slid beyond the runway, which was undergoing ice removal at the time.

The plane hit airport instrument landing system equipment, causing some damage to the equipment and the aircraft, Watt said.

Neither the pilot nor two dogs on board was injured.

David Fornell, deputy commissioner of the Detroit Fire Department, said firefighters were monitoring the situation.

"There were no injuries and there was no fire," he said. "Our firefighters are standing by until it's removed from the runway."
    Name:  FL5grg0WYAc292T.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  48.7 KB
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Very sorry to hear. Glad that no one was hurt. (Username Protected), share wha you feel comfortable.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you, (Username Protected). I am fine and thankfully so were the two pups I was flying a rescue for. I think it best that I withhold any comments until the FAA has concluded its investigation. Hope you all understand and sorry this happened.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Totally understand.