1. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

NXI and GMA 1360D Audio Panel

In December I upgraded the G1000 to NXI an installed the optional GMA 1360D audio panels. Since then, the alarm volumes are so high that they cause the speakers to crackle. Does anyone know how to adjust the alarm volumes? Does anyone know of a good shop that knows how to adjust the volumes? On a similar vein, the volume for the telephone is now so low that the caller can hear me, but I can't hear them. Any suggestions will be appreciated. For now, I remain concerned about a possible medical emergency, because every time I get within 1,000 feet of my target altitude, the alarm scares my wife to death.
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    the volume for the telephone is now so low that the caller can hear me, but I can't hear them
    With the 1360D each input has it is own volume setting. Use the Outer knob to move the "cursor" (flashing annunciator) onto the TEL button. Then use the Inner knob to increase the volume.

I think the Alarm volumes have to be configured in Setup mode, but one "hack" I do is to increase the COM1/COM2/Tel its to 90% and then decrease the volume on the headset. That way the loud alarms are equal or less to ATC.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you, (Username Protected). I'll try the telephone volume change on Tuesday and let you know how it goes. I'll also try balancing the two volume controls. The shop tried to configure them, but no joy. Time for a revisit if the balancing doesn't work well.
    I'm looking for a manual that discusses the setup mode configurations. Is that published or is it a shop manual?
    Regards, Bob
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I also just upgraded to full NXI suite including radar. Today was my 1st flight with the new system which I spent playing with the settings trying to get the setup just right. My XM weather didn't work even though I 'pinged' and tested it on the ground a few days ago. I also tried the 3D audio; not sure how I feel about the technology.

For those of you flying with the new NXI audio panels are you using 3D audio? If so, do you find it helps?

Any other NXI features/hacks people have found useful?

(Username Protected) - I didn't have an issue with the alarms being too loud; they definitely get my attention but no more than the prior G1000. (Username Protected) is spot on with the volume adjustment for each audio source (thanks (Username Protected)). I was flying solo today so didn't have an opportunity to test the intercom.

I have a few other questions that I'll hold until I spend more time with the system (e.g. Transponder Standby, Radar Standby)
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I use 3d audio, although not sure how much of a difference it really makes. Main advantage of the new audio panel is better volume controls.

As for other tricks... one thing I (think) is new to NXI is that you can overlay the radar on the MFD moving map, AND overlay the XM Nexrad on the PFD inset map (or compass map), so you can have both sources of weather available at a glance (and to sanity check your radar tilt). You can do this with 2 splits on the G3000 MFD but I don't think it was possible on the G1000 previously.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I installed Nxi without the audio panels and felt the alarms were too low. I found that just messing around with the radio volumes and the Master Volume I was able to sort it out. I think the alarms are affected by the Master but not the radios. So, in my case, turning up the master and turning down the radios did the trick.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),
    As shown in the NXi Handbook, Page 118, the MSTR knob in the GMA 1347D affects the alert warnings as well as the radio and intercom volumes. Thus, on the 1347D, one could lower the master and turn up the radios to lower the alert warning volumes. Unfortunately, there is no MSTR Knob on the GMA 1360D, thus no check in the box on the table and no control for the volume of the alert warnings. I've forgotten how to get to the setup pages on startup (those used by the shop to configure the system). Even then, I wouldn't know how to change the alert warning volume levels. Do you know anyone who does?

Regards,
    Bob (Username Protected)
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I just got my 300 out of Maint. Nxi with the original audio panels. The Speaker volume is so high that I cannot use the cockpit mic without feedback. I messed around with all of the volume controls briefly but could not change the speaker volume no matter what I tried.

How do I adjust the cockpit speaker volume?
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), Just saw your message. I suspect that you are able to adjust the volume of the radios over the speaker but that the volume adjustment doesn’t work for alerts. With the new audio panels, those adjustments are not made available to the casual user. Instead, they are adjusted on the setup page. If your issue is not resolved yet, let me know and I’ll post the process for adjusting the volumes via the setup page and then uploading and confirming them so you don’t get configuration errors in startup. (PS - If Garmin is going to hide such a basic adjustment on the setup pages, they ought to at least post adjustment instructions somewhere).