1. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

When to start training

Hi!

New member, new post!
    Pretty excited to be the pilot of a 2022 100ev to be delivered to my company in December later this year.

I want to know when would be the best time to schedule my PIC initial for the Phenom.
    That is of course, before our target delivery date, and considering my following thoughts.

I am a 2k hr Commercial Pilot with previous jet training and a SIC type rating in CE500 series. Also because I’m not an ATP yet, I will require to have a safety pilot in my airplane for several flights (hours) after I complete my initial training (during which I plan to get my ATP certificate).

With that in mind, I’m thinking to take the initial by September, and then post my availability in the Phenom community as a monitoring pilot or SIC, to help me build the type experience and cockpit time for a few months after completion of training. This will ensure safety and awareness when I fly on my own, as well as insurance compliance.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    TIA
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    A lot of it will or should depend on what you are doing between now and then? Will you have an opportunity to fly something else in the mean time? How is your Garmin experience? I have seen well tenured pilots with a lot more experience then I will ever have get hung up on Garmin because they have flown a different system all their lives. I'm not joking, I saw an individual with over 10k hours in Beechjets who fell behind the 100 every time because he had to think a lot when pushing buttons on the Garmin in the sim. He failed starting in the 4th sim session after he wasn't able to watch me in the co-pilot seat.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),

I have shy of a thousand hours flying a Cirrus with G1000 perspective suite.
    The Phenom will actually be the upgrade to the Cirrus.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected), congratulations on the upgrade! You’ll love it. The G3000 is great! I am a full time mentor/contract pilot on both the 100/300 as well as a part time CAE instructor. Your timeframe sounds about right depending on how much mentor time your insurance will require. I have mentored many pilots in both the 100/300 and would love to help you out. Please keep me in mind and feel free to reach out with any questions. 8179038152 [email protected]