1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Filing codes (FAA equip suffix, ICAO surveillance, PBN)

Hi All,
    I'm reviewing elections for filing codes and have started a list that I hope will cover all Phenoms, but please edit or correct me and I'll update this list periodically to make sure it is accurate. Hopefully this will help other operators correctly configure in FltPlan, ForeFlight or wherever you file from.

Out of curiosity, is there anywhere in the Embraer documentation that describes all the codes applicable to that particular aircraft, or is it up to the operator to know what equipment their aircraft has and know which codes to select? Thanks!

EDIT: Updated with some clarifications from (Username Protected) below, thanks (Username Protected)!
    SEE: FOL PHE500-006/12 - ICAO FLIGHT PLAN CAPABILITIES

FAA Equipment:
    /L (GPS w/ enrte/term/appr/RVSM) for all Phenoms I assume? Obviously all have GPS, and I can't imagine any are /G without RVSM.

ICAO Equipment:
    B - LPV (APV with SBAS)
    D - DME. *Optional. Some Phenoms 100s have it, Most if not all 300s do.
    G - GNSS
    H - HF RTF *Most 100s don't have it, more common on 300s.
    CPDLC - Some Phenoms have some flavors of CPDLC
    R - PBN Approved
    S - (VOR, VHF RTF, ILS)
    W - RVSM (*with possession of an LOA/OpSpec allowing for the code to be filed).
    Y - VHF 8.33 kHz Spacing

ICAO Surveillance Codes
    B1 - ADS-B Dedicated 1090 out
    B2 - ADS-B Dedicated 1090 out + in
    ^Most (or all?) phenoms upgraded to ADS-B, but some only have out capability while others have out and in?
    S - Mode S, ID, and Alt

ICAO Surveillance codes

A1 - RNAV 10 (RNP 10)
    B2 - RNAV 5 GNSS
    C2 - RNAV 2 GNSS
    D2 - RNAV 1 GNSS
    L1 - RNP 4
    Do any phenoms have the ability for the more precise RNP codes?

Other Information:
    Code - your Mode S Hexadecimal
    NAV - SBAS
    REG - your tail number
    SUR - 260B - ?relates to ADS-B saying you have the appropriate type
    Is there anything else you fill out in this 'other information' section?
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Hi (Username Protected)-

FOL PHE500-006/12 - ICAO FLIGHT PLAN CAPABILITIES gives general guidance about if Phenoms of a given model have, don't have, or may have (depending on option purchase) various equipment as it correlates to each code.

On the run here, so sorry if I miss something but quick answers:

-For some of the codes, like RVSM, it's not just equipment, but possession of an LOA/ OpSpec that allows filing the code.
    -Yes, some Phenom 100s have DME, some do not. Most 300s, if not all, have DME.
    -I've only flown one or two 100s with HF, more common on 300s
    -Some Phenoms have some flavors of CPDLC- sorry for vague answer, but there are a few possibilities when we're talking about CPDLC.
    -Every Phenom of any avionics has 8.33 spacing
    -What do you mean by more precise RNP codes?
    -260B in the SUR field relates to ADS-B out- basically saying you have the appropriate type.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    Great timing as I was about to ask the same question switching from fltplan.com to foreflight. I don't promise accuracy but based on the FOL (Username Protected) referenced and a Garmin document I came to the following for my 300e with HF
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-21 185207.gif
Views: 1193
Size:  56.4 KB
    Attachments Attachments  
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected) for sharing your example.
    Thanks (Username Protected) for the useful commentary - to my phrasing on 'more precise RNP codes', I meant that the Phenom is capable of RNP4 GNSS (L1) and RNP 1 GNSS (O2), but not all have RNP APCH (S1) or RNP APCH & BARO (S2) capability? Or is that just a matter of operator authorization to fly RNP approaches?
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    WARNING - I don't really know what I'm talking about. I'm posting some research I've done. Would be nice if someone that actually knows what they are talking about to respond.

I believe the answer is if you are G3000 you select S2 (Not T1, or T2). Also, Foreflight does not allow entry of both S1 and S2. So, I selected S2.

Remainder of my post is too big to post here. Click here to view the remainder.

((Username Protected) - is there a way to fix post limits?)
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected) is correct. All Phenoms that have up to date avionics loads can file S2, G1000 or NXi as well as G3000.

The Phenom has the hardware to fly RNP AR approaches to .3 minima- lower than that requires inertial units. However, it's typically offered as an option to be purchased (to turn on the software that allows the operation). The Garmin manual (Username Protected) excerpted shows the option, but I don't know anyone who has turned it on and received the training and LOA to use it in a Phenom, I'm not even certain Embraer is offering it? So T2 is not appropriate for most, if not all, operators.
  7. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    The Phenom has the hardware to fly RNP AR approaches to .3 minima- lower than that requires inertial units. However, it's typically offered as an option to be purchased (to turn on the software that allows the operation). The Garmin manual (Username Protected) excerpted shows the option, but I don't know anyone who has turned it on and received the training and LOA to use it in a Phenom, I'm not even certain Embraer is offering it? So T2 is not appropriate for most, if not all, operators.
    In the latest AFM revision 22, Embraer pulled Supplement 7 RNP AR 0.3 OPERATIONS. Never got an explanation why.
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    ((Username Protected) - is there a way to fix post limits?)
    What error did you see, too many attachments? I will check. In the past I have split it across two posts if needed.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 40 times
    Markus - looks like there is a character limit to a post. If you inline an image I think the image size counts to that limit. Try pasting an image or two into a post and you'll see it. Not sure if attachments get around that.